Why?

We walk around the festival a bit more before we decide it would be best to leave. it was beginning to darken and well, with how Chongyun left, I was worried for him as well.

"Razor wants to pick up some more meat before we head off okay, Xingqiu?" Bennett tells me.

"Okay, I'll go on ahead then, I should check on Chongyun anyways." I tell them. "I'll meet with you guys later on."

"Okay." Razor says. "Let's hurry, before meat is gone."

He grabs Bennett's hand pulling him into the crowd of the festival once again.

I begin making my way towards Chongyun's home before I'm quickly stopped by Chongyun himself.

"Xingqiu!" He says, grabbing onto my hands.

"Chongyun? I thought you went-" he begins to drag me off into a hidden corner from a small crowd of people leaving the festival.

"Xingqiu..." his voice sounded serious, mixed with another tone I cant quite describe, but it wasn't the usual way Chongyun would act.

"Chongyun, are you-" he cuts me off.

"Xingqiu... do... do you like me?" He asks, his head looking down.

"Hu-huh? Chongyun, where is this-"

"Do you? Or do you like them?" Chongyun's voice sounds angry,
But weak. He looks up, and I see his face his filled with pain.

It was clear something had happened after he left. He did seem to be struggling, but had it really been this bad?

"Razor and Bennett?" I ask confused. "Chongyun why would i-"

"Because, when you returned you were down! You were sad!" He shouted.

'When i...'

"Then when you mentioned them, you seemed, so... happy..." Chongyun's face was hidden once again. "Then how could i- how could I tell you?"

'Tell me?'

I reach out to Chongyun, trying to hold his shoulder. "Tell me what?" He grabs my hand with a tight grip.

"I like you Xingqiu!" He shouts, and looks up at me... tears... running down his face.

"I like you, but do I really make you that sad? Am I really that bad? I'm sorry, Xingqiu."

This, wasn't Chongyun. Not his everyday or true self. This Chongyun, was someone with more emotion they could ever carry on their own.

But hearing his words, I froze.

Confused from my own emotions, I didn't know what to do.

'No.'

'Not when i- when I just wanted to move on.'

'Why... why is it now.'

"Chongyun... I- I don't." I say to him.

We stand in silence, as I hear the distance laughter and chatter of passing groups, blend sadly into the background as I hear Chongyun's tears. His hand still gripped tightly around my arm.

"Chongyun... let go." I say to him, not looking at his face, hearing him like this is already to much.

"Xingqiu... please, I..." i feel him approach closer. I dont move.

He let's go of my hand, the warmth still lingers, but he wraps his arms around me, and cries.

"I do... I like you Xingqiu. Please." He sobs onto my shoulder.

I stand with him, in silence, fighting tears of my own.

'I just wanted to move on, why...'

Chongyun's embrace softens, his sobs now quiet, his body weak, leaning against mine. Chongyun had fallen asleep.

I lightly push him off, seeing how exhausted Chongyun really was.

'silly Chongyun...'

I laugh weakly to myself, as I feel a few stray tears of my own. "I guess I should take you home."

Judging by how he was just now, I'm sure he won't remember anything tomorrow...

Its probably for the better...

'But, for me... or for him?'

'Let's hope for us both.'

I try to carry Chongyun on my back, luckily, he's pretty light.

I walk out of the area he had dragged me in, with his head against laying against mine.

'If he really did like me then, why was I rejected?'

'Or am I looking too much into his words? After all, Chongyun wasn't in the right mind.'

My thoughts and emotions are left confused, clashing with eachother, unsure if whatever just happened was really real.