☙ Chapter Eight

I sat with my hands folded in my lap, and I was almost buzzing with energy. Uncommon for me as I usually tried to stay calm. However, this time I couldn't help but feel jittery not because of anxiety or tics, but because I was eagerly waiting for my morning classes to be over. The next period during lunch would be my class's last chance to work with 1-A on our projects.

    The rest of the day where I worked outside of school, I spent my time building a prototype of Rose's gadget idea. I barely got any sleep over the weekend, but it was worth it. The mock-version of the Pyro-Kinetic Glove looked almost real. Built-in support plates and hand-stitched under armor made up the interior of the glove while the motion sensors and heating filters covered the top. I admitted that I might have gone overboard with the design, but seeing as a couple of days ago I couldn't think of anything at all, I was in no position to be anything less than grateful.

    I planned to show my prototype to my Heroics partner during lunch. Most of my friends had finished up their costume designs, so they told me they would just wait in the cafeteria until I was done.

    I faced up at the clock hanging up in Professor Q's classroom. After counting down the last 60 seconds of class, I quickly stood up from my desk along with my classmates. Double stayed by my side as we stopped outside the 1-H classroom and patiently waited on the rest of our group. Correction: he was waiting patiently, whereas I was trying to mask my antsy foot taps.

    Finally, Rose, Dani, and Snake all made it out the door of the 1-H classroom, and it looked like we could get a move on. I took a step in the direction of where we needed to head until I was stopped by a student of metallic blue hair, and the floating esse of a UA girl's uniform.

    "Well, if it isn't the Bratty Bunch," my arch-rival, Siri Remata, commented, holding her hand in front of me before placing her hands on her waist.

    Oh, my God, why

    I did not have the energy to deal with whatever crap she had for me. I only had half an hour to meet with my partner then make it back to lunch, and I would guarantee that I didn't set time aside to patronize this psycho.

    I looked over my shoulder to find Double in the same position of being fed up with this girl. I shook my head at him, redacting any offer that said I would speak to her first.

    Double got the hint and addressed her on the group's behalf. "What do you— what do you want, Remata?" He asked, pulling on the red bandana around his neck.

    "My partner and I were just trying to get into the shop to finish up her Hero costume." Siri brushed a loose strand of her bright hair over her shoulder before taking time to respond to Double. The partner she had mentioned more or less was behind her.

    Just as I remembered, Siri was paired with the one invisible student at UA. All we could see of this girl was the outline of her uniform carved out as she lifted an arm to wave at us.

    The way this girl moved around made me think she was talking to us. I couldn't read a word of what she said, but the way her jacket sleeves bounced around and her shoes dipped upwards gave me the impression she was a very cheery and friendly person— opposite to the Support kid she was next to.

    "I told you not to talk to them," Siri snapped at her partner. The invisible girl took a step back as her arms fell behind her back in a reserved position.

    As much as I mentally begged her not to, Siri kept talking. "I just thought you all would want to know that I'm pretty much done with Toru's costume, and we're both ready to destroy all five of you with it." As she threatened us with her own skill, the floating uniform sleeves behind her started moving as if Toru was adding on. I could assume that what she said was either an apology or something of encouragement to us by the way Siri told her to shut up after.