iii. qudditch world cup

*‧₊˚

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

*‧₊˚.

(  chapter three !  )

CLUTCHING THEIR PURCHASES
AND WITH MR WEASLEY IN THE LEAD, THEY ALL FOLLOWED
THE LANTERN-LIT TRAIL
TOWARDS THE STADIUM.

they could hear the sounds of thousands of people moving around them, shouts and laughter, snatches of singing.

the atmosphere of feverish excitement was highly infectious; and none of them could stop grinning. they walked along the trail for a good twenty minutes, talking and joking loudly, until at last they emerged on the other side and found themselves in the shadow of a gigantic stadium. though julianna could see only a fraction of the immense gold walls surrounding the field, she could tell that ten cathedrals would fit comfortably inside it.

they clambered up the stadium stairs with the rest of the crowd, which slowly filtered away through doors into the stands to their left and right. however, mr weasley's party kept climbing.

"blimey, dad, how far up are we?" ron asked.

"well, put it this way —" came a pompous voice from below. "if it rains, you'll be the first to know." lucius and draco malfoy snickered.

"father and i are in the minister's box!" draco began smugly, puffing out his chest. "by personal invitation of cornelius fudge himself!"

"don't boast, draco." his father scolded. "there's no need with these people. do enjoy yourselves, won't you? . . .while you can." he smirked knowingly.

at last, they reached the top of the staircase and found themselves at the highest point of the stadium and situated exactly halfway between the golden goal posts.

"come on now, take your seats! i told you you it would be worth it!" amos diggory exclaimed happily as they slid into their seats— the teenagers clutching onto the railing so they could peer out closer.

jules looked down upon a scene the likes of which she could never have imagined. a hundred thousand witches and wizards were taking their places in the seats, which rose in levels around the long oval field. everything was suffused with a mysterious golden light, which seemed to come from the stadium itself. the field looked smooth as velvet from their lofty position. at either end of the field stood three goal hoops, fifty feet high; right opposite them, almost at eye-level, was a gigantic blackboard. gold writing kept dashing across it as though an invisible giant's hand were scrawling upon the blackboard and then wiping it off again; watching it, jules saw that it was flashing advertisements across the field.