Part 1- Sage.

Note:
At this point Loki and Y/n are about 11 years old.

She woke up in the dark. The light tapping on her bedroom door automatically made her lips fold into a smile. Untangling her feet from her duvet she slid out of her single bed and stuffed her feet quickly into the slippers which were delicately placed on the floor. A cold breeze ran over her exposed skin as she freed herself from the dozens of blankets thrown carelessly around her.

Pulling the first item of clothing she could find in the dark over her head she impatiently reached for the door handle and twisted it open.

As expected she was welcomed by her best friend. He was sitting on the ground, his legs were tightly crossed in front of him. His eyes were tired, begging for sleep and his hair was unusually messy, a single black curl rested on his forehead. He was lazily walking his fingers across the floor, clearly bored of waiting for y/n to emerge from her room.

When he noticed that she was ready his eyes lit up with excitement and he jumped onto his feet, desperately grabbing y/n's hand enthusiastically.

Disregarding the banister, the two children ran down the huge marble staircase side by side, Loki's grip tightened on y/n's hand worried that she may slip. They both felt free at night, when the palace was sleeping they were able to do anything they wish without being caught. Both of their free arms floated up from their sides as they continued to scurry down the hundreds of steps. As they reached the remaining two steps they turned to face each other with a smile before jumping down onto the floor. Many of timed Frigga had asked them both to be more careful however Loki's excuse was always that he was "the god of mischief and can handle a little danger."

"Come on." Loki whispered eagerly. He was acting more impatient than usual, grabbing onto y/n's hand tighter, leading her into an unfamiliar room.

It wasn't new to y/n that Loki was taking her someplace new in the palace, he kind of had a tendency to invade rooms which were forbidden. She would never hesitate though, throughout the years the two had spent together it was expected that she was going to inherit his disobedient behavior.

"You'll never guess what Mother learnt me today Sage." he said in a hushed tone, gently closing the large door behind him, being extra careful that it didn't slam.

He untangled his hand from y/n's and opened it out in front of her, so that his palm was facing up.

"You ready?" he whispered, raising one of his eyebrows slightly.

"Show me already." she replied, gently reaching forward to nudge his shoulder, growing equally impatient.

He let out a soft giggle and stared down at his palm, gesturing y/n to do the same. A quiet gasp left her lips as small green fireworks emerged from his hand.

"Look at the colour Sage."  he smirked while reaching back for y/n's hand.

She copied his hand placement and closed her eyes tightly, once she knew that her magic had worked her eyelids slowly fluttered open, automatically pushing a smile onto her lips when she saw the colour green resting in her palm.

Y/n didn't remember her parents. She didn't know whether she was the only one who could perform the magic she could. She could only remember the life she was living now. But she didn't mind, she didn't long to know who her parents were because she was quite happy in Asgard with Loki. Frigga had taught y/n to control her magic from an awfully young age, however she had no use for it, only to mess around with Loki from time to time.

After the excitement of magic had worn off they both took a seat on the floor.

"Explain why you call me Sage again." y/n asked, resting her head onto Loki's shoulder.

"Mother said when she was younger, she made up nicknames for all her friends, she said it shows an emotional connection, it is a sign of intimacy and trust." he spoke, resting his head closer into y/n.

"Your powers are green." he continued, "not a dark green but of a more light green, I thought the nickname Sage was most fitting, I kind of figured that you wouldn't like me to call you Green, would you?"

"Definitely not." y/n laughed under her breath at the thought of being named Green. "I think Sage is perfect. I love it actually" she spoke, looking up at Loki with a kind smile.

"What about you then?" She said eagerly, "what should my nickname be for you?"

"The god of mischief is fine." he replied with a grin,

Y/n rolled her eyes dramatically and stood up off the floor, walking towards the huge window in the room.

She had spent her whole life in Asgard. Every single morning for as long as she could remember she would watch the sun rise over her home, however she always found herself watching in awe as sun shone down onto the bifrost reflecting it's colours so perfectly. And how the sheer amount of gold scattered about the place came to life.

Y/n sighed happily while gazing out the window, she couldn't ever imagine herself leaving Asgard it was magical, it was home.

Loki pushed himself onto the window ledge, getting a better look at Asgard waking up below him.

"When we're older." he mumbled, "We can both rule Asgard together, me and you" his eyes fixated on the beauty sitting before him.

"I would love that." she replied, climbing onto the window ledge beside him.

"You won't ever leave me right? You won't choose Thor like everyone else, right Sage." he spoke, his eyes slightly tearing up.

"Never." y/n quickly shut down his question.

"It's me and you Loki. Forever." She continued, resting her hand on top of his.

"Forever." He whispered in response, giving y/n a weak smile of reassurance.