Part 5- Promise Me.

I always had a feeling I didn't belong in this family, I always felt as an outcast. And now I know why, it's become clear to me. All the times my questions were avoided, all the times my parents convinced me that I was just being paranoid. It was because I was never truly part of this world.

"The casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim that day was it" Loki asked, fearlessly stepping closer towards his father.

"No", Odin replied sympathetically, "in the aftermath of the battle I went into the temple and found a baby..small, for a giant's offspring, abandoned suffering, left to die. Laufeyson." He continued.

"Laufeyson?" Loki repeated.

"Yes" Odin said strongly, not showing an inch of emotion to Loki who stood before him.

"Why?" Loki asked, trying to fight back his tears with every bit of strength inside him. His whole life had been a lie, he wasn't really Thor's brother or Frigga's son, he was a frost giant who had been taken from his rightful home.

"You were knee deep in Jotun blood, why would you take me?"

"You were an innocent child" Odin spoke emotionless.

"No, you took me for a purpose, what was it?" Loki asked, his pain quickly turning into frustration as his so-called father was still hiding the truth from him.

"Tell me!" Loki shouted, a few tears ran down onto his cheeks as he stepped closer to Odin.

"I thought we could unite our kingdom's one day, think about an allowance, bring about permanent peace, through you" Odin said weakly, "but those plans no longer matter" he continued.

"So I am no more than a stolen relic" Loki said, his voice shaking slightly, portraying his hurt, "locked up here until you might have use of me?"

"Why do you twist my words" Odin asked, he was blind to see that Loki was slowly breaking down infront of him, he wouldn't accept that Loki had learnt the truth.

"You could have told me what I was from the beginning, before I learnt how to do pathetic little magic tricks, before I met Sage, before...before I fell in love with her. Why didn't you?"

"You're my son. I wanted only to protect you from the truth" said Odin.

"What because..I'm the monster parents tell their children about at night? You know it all makes sense now, how you brought Sage into this stupid little family, so her magic could be put to good use, why you favorited Thor all these years, because no matter how much you claim to love us, you could never have outcasts like us sitting on the throne of Asgard" Loki said strongly.

"So tell me the truth for once in my life. What was Sage's past? Did you take her from the hands of her parents because you thought that her magic could be some sort of use to you? Are her parents still alive, grieving the loss of their daughter? Or were you a decent enough man to tell the truth about her life?" Loki asked in a frustrated tone.

Odin squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head slowly, "I'd rather not get into that, you wouldn't understand, I saved you both, if it wasn't for me you both would be dead, you should thank me" he stated.

"I understand, you are a selfish man who does not deserve the title King. You only care about people if their survival will bring you more power and worth. Sage wasn't ever fond of you, and now, once I tell her the truth she may want to leave Asgard and nobody will stop me from following her. She is my rightful family, I will no longer follow a made up, perfect, fairytale life, and I shall never call you my father again" Loki spoke his final words before leaving Odin alone with his thoughts.

Loki Pov:
I quickly strolled down the halls of the palace, desperately searching for Sage. I hung my head in shame, trying not to make eye contact with the visitors passing by, I'm ashamed, I'm not the Prince that they all pretend I was, I'm a monster.

I don't want to tell Sage, but I have too. She needs to know who I am, the truth which has been hidden from us both all of our lives on Asgard.
As I made my way into her room, her eyes lit up, they always did when they landed on me for some reason. But they won't anymore, when she learns the truth.

"I need to tell you something" I said quietly, staring down at the floor.

"Okay" she replied with a concerned smile, "is everything okay" she asked, gesturing me to sit down on her bed beside her.

"No" I spoke, holding back my tears, "but promise me something...no matter what I say right now, you won't abanon me" I ask, finally making our eyes meet.

"I promise Loki" she said softly, "I'm with you till the end of the line...whether you like it or not."