Chapter 3 - A Startling Discovery

The next morning, Hannah met up with Edward in the entrance courtyard outside of the museum. He spotted her first and walked up to her as she walked to the entrance stairs. "Dr. Browning, good morning."

"Good morning, Dr. Zuberi."

Hannah was busy texting something on her phone. Edward commented, noticing, "Must be someone important."

She smirked. "Just my mom. She's lives in Kentucky."

"I read that you are from Kentucky. Is that where the chicken is from?"

"Kentucky-fried chicken? You bet."

He laughed. "I haven't tried it before."

She looked over at him as they walked, surprised. "You haven't tried Kentucky-fried chicken before? You're missing out."

They walked through the columns and then the entrance doors. "I never had the chance."

"My mom makes the best. Too bad she can't mail any."

He chuckled. They walked on to their office and Hannah put her bag down on the chair in front of her desk. She noticed Edward walk up to her. "Yes?"

"I just wanted to make sure of something," he said.

She turned to face him, giving him her attention. "Go on."

"I just wanted to make sure that you trust me. I mean, after this past week..."

"There are bound to be arguments and clashes of opinion, Dr. Zuberi. That's part of working in a team."

He nodded. "You're right. Let's just do our work and put together this new exhibit."

"I agree."

"And..."

"Yes?"

"I think I would be much more comfortable if you called me Edward."

She stared at his gray-blue eyes for a moment, then nodded. "I can do that, Edward, but I would still like to be called Dr. Browning while we work together."

He smiled and nodded. "Alright. That's fair."

They got to work in the workroom, along with the rest of the team in there, and Hannah thought she would start on the tablet. She stood next to it and read the first line in the upper left-hand corner and wrote down in her notepad what Edward had told her it meant yesterday. She spent the next twenty minutes on the next line.

"Gosh..." she let out. "I'm rustier than I thought."

"Dr. Browning."

She turned her head in Edward's direction. "Yes?"

"I think you should see this."

Interested and curious, she got up and went to where Edward was. He stared at one part on the heart of the sarcophagus.

"What is it?" she asked.

He pointed to where he was staring at and let out tuft of laughter. "No one would have guessed this."

"Guessed what, Edward?"

Noticing that she was impatient, he cleared his throat and said, "See this? This sentence talks about a love unending, and not being separated, even in death"

"It would make sense since it's near the heart. Is it talking about his wife?"

"Look for yourself."

She leaned in and read the few symbols there. "Man and brother. He's talking about his brother Ahkmenrah?"