Epilogue - The Ahkmenrah Exhibit

The next two months flew by as Hannah, Edward and their team prepared the last of the artifacts for the exhibit. On opening night, Hannah stood in her office, dressed in a slimming dark-blue dress and black heels. Her blonde hair was up in an elegant twist.

"Dr. Browning?"

She turned from her mirror and saw Edward come in, dressed in an attractive suit with a white shirt and deep-purple tie.

"Wow, you look beautiful," he awed and came up to her.

"You don't look so shabby, either." She handled one of his lapels and tugged on it a little. "And you can call me Hannah now. You're technically not my work partner anymore."

He smirked. "Alright—Hannah."

She smiled and tugged a little more and closed the distance between them. Edward turned her and pushed her into her desk and tightly held her waist, sending pleasurable shivers up her spine. Her fingers slid through some of his hair, and she thought of not even going to the exhibit opening but staying in her office and making out with her boyfriend.

Someone opened the door. "Oh good Lord, really you two?!"

They unhooked and found Dr. Fisher standing in the doorway, hands on his hips. "Sorry..." Hannah said, and she and Edward separated and faced their boss.

"Now if you two don't mind, stop playing tonsil-hockey and come join everyone at the exhibit. There are some important people who want to talk to you both."

"Alright, Henry," Hannah said with a chuckle. "We'll be right there."

Dr. Fisher rolled his eyes and left the office muttering something.

"They can wait one more minute, right?" Edward asked with a sly look.

"Of course they can."

He pinned her against her desk again and shared one more heated kiss. A couple of minutes later, they made their way to the new Ahkmenrah Exhibit, complete with every single artifact that was given to them from the Egyptian Government. Amenhotep wasn't there of course, but there were still ancient artifacts that caught a lot of the guests' attention.

Once in the new exhibit, Hannah looked around her and her team's handiwork, gazing at the beautiful and ancient Egyptian artifacts. She wouldn't have been able to get all of it up if it weren't for her team. And Edward. She looked over at him adoringly as he talked with an older man.

She was glad that she decided to focus on a living man instead of a dead one for once.

THE END