Chapter Six

TONKS

"I can't tell him!" cried Tonks. "There's no way!"

"Oh, come on, I don't see how things could get any worse," shrugged Sirius.

Tonks whirled around, knocking over a bucket of water that Fred and George had been using but had forgotten to empty. There was quite a bit of dead bugs in it, and Tonks jumped away from the water spreading across the porch. Dripping down onto the grass, a dead dragonfly floated through its deathtrap.

Sirius chuckled, watching as Tonks flipped off her sandal and shook the water out of it. She did the same with the other one. It was an unusually warm day for fall, and they both knew that fall was coming.

Stalking over to the hose, Tonks twisted the handle on the hose, sticking her feet under the spout. She yelped as the hot water poured onto her foot, stinging her skin.

Sirius was laughing so hard he was in tears. Tonks was in tears for a different reason. 

"Sirius Black, this isn't funny!" snarled Tonks. When Sirius rolled off his chair with laughter, Tonks yelled, "Fine! Keep laughing! See if I care!" Sirius managed to get himself under control, and then looked serious.

"Are you okay?" asked Sirius with wide-eyed innocence.

"That hurt!" sobbed Tonks.

"Okay, okay, get a grip."

"I'm trying!" Tonks wiped her eyes, and felt the water again. It was cold, and she sprayed her burning feet with it. It felt good.

"Sorry, Nymph. Shouldn't have laughed. How can I make it up to you?" Sirius now looked genuinely concerned. 

"Well..." Tonks scratched her head, and aimed the hose at her cousin, blasting him in the face with water. When she'd finished, a thoroughly drenched Sirius stood there, shivering.

"G-good one, Nymph. Now, throw me a t-towel from that rack," said Sirius, wrapping his arms around himself. "Lord, that's cold." Sirius moved into the sun. "Oh, that feels good in the sun! Just right! Never mind about the towel. Also, I really do think you should talk to Remus about your feelings for him."

"No. I can't. What would I say anyway?" Tonks wrapped her arms around her knees and rested her chin on them. 

"Just tell him, 'hey, 'sup, Remus. Look, you want to go on a date?' It's that simple."

"That's what you think," muttered Tonks. "It's not that easy!"

"Chances are, he likes you back!" argued Sirius.

"No. He doesn't,"  muttered Tonks, staring at the sky.

"Are you sure?" asked Sirius. "Try to understand what he feels."

"I'm sure that he doesn't like me. That's what I'm sure of," said Tonks, her eyes dropping to look at the ground.

REMUS 

Remus was sitting just inside the door, listening on on Tonks and Sirius's conversation. So she does like me! he thought. But his next thought was, But she doesn't feel that I feel the same way. Also, she's too scared to admit it, and I am too. Why is love so complicated? 

Sinking down into a chair, Remus leaned his head to rest on his fist. He felt like crawling into a hole and living there  for the rest of his days. He never wanted to talk to Tonks again. He felt that he could never face Tonks again. Quietly, he got up, and disapparated.

When everything came back into focus, he found Mundungus Fletcher staring at him from a barstool. Remus realized that he had to be in The Three Broomsticks.

All The Piecesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें