Chapter 8: Forest battle

VERONIA...

"Kill them all!!" shouted a soldier as he emptied his rifle at the nearest enemy closing in.

Other than that, it was a complete bloodbath, corpses were everywhere while gunshots and metal clashing echoed around in the battlefield.

Warriors were gunned down, soldiers were trampled by cavalry, and stray horses running rampant on the forest battlefield.

Bloodied and dirtied, Henry carefully observed his sorroundings, men getting killed left and right while the wounded cried for help.

He found Julios near the tree, smashing the head of an injured warrior with his rifle stock over and over again.

"Julios!!" Henry yelled at the top of his lungs which immediately caught the blood-soaked man's attention.

Julios then began to run towards his captain, a smile plastered on his face.

As Julios neared him, an enemy warrior suddenly jumped up behind Henry, his axe ready to slice him.

But Henry was faster.

As the blade was about to chop his head into two, he sidestepped which causes the warrior to miss.

He then punched the warrior on the gut, making him stumble slightly.

But the warrior was a hardened man, a single punch would not take him down.

The warrior then proceeded to lift his axe again, ready to slice Henry in another try.

but Henry wasn't gonna let this man kill him.

Henry rolled to the side as the warrior brought down his axe, Henry then unsheathed his knife and began cutting the warrior down.

Not only that, the axe was stuck to the ground, thus giving Henry advantage over the fight.

The warrior was slowly becoming weaker as his wounds multiplied each time Henry managed to score a slash.

"Time to end this." Henry muttered as he aimed his knife towards the man's head.

Henry quickly closed the distance between them and swiftly planted the blade in the man's eyes making him yelp in pain.

A few seconds passed until the man's body fell limp, Henry then removed the knife from the man's skull and began sheathing it.

By the time Julios arrived, the warrior was already on the ground dead.

"Did I miss something?" Julios asked, his heavy breathing audible on Henry's ears.

Henry ignored him and instead he asked a question.

"Have the reinforcements arrived yet?" Henry asked Julios seriously.

"Yeah, they'll be here in about a few minutes." Julios replied, a smile still on his face.

Henry then began to observed his sorroundings again, he saw his last remaining men grouped up together in a foxhole, shooting enemies that got close to them.

"Let's go there and hold that position until reinforcements arrived." Henry ordered, pointing his finger towards the occupied foxhole.

Julios nodded in response.

They began making their way towards the foxhole, shouting and gunshots could be heard from the location as large amount of bodies began piling up around it.

A soldier immediately spots them, and waved his hand towards Henry.

"Captain, over here!!" the soldier yelled towards them.