𑁍2

Down the Rabbit Hole

We walked down the forested path, gripping onto each other's hand

We walked down the forested path, gripping onto each other's hand. There was a silence around us, aside from the sounds of our shoes making contact with the dirt. Other than that it was a comfortable silence. One I had no intention of disturbing. Truly these moments are probably the closest to joy I can get. These moments are ones I'll keep forever. Taking them away would be cruel. Even for god.

We stopped at a clearing, with a single tree in the center.  The trees around seem to be keeping a distance from the large oak. It was certainly big for a tree. It's would was a deeper brown than the others, yet it's leaves were a bright, vibrant green. The grass around the tree mimicked the leaves beautiful color.

This area felt so...different. Not bad different. Not a good different either. More like a worrisome, yet interesting different.

I glanced at Kita, and for a moment I saw a flash of uncertainty, and worry on his face. Like he was contemplating going closer to the tree. But it didn't take long before determination practically slapped itself onto his face.

Odd boy...my odd brother...

We walked to the tree, and began to set up under the shade. Kita set the basket down beside him, and took out the blanket from inside. Unfolding it, he raised it to the air before carefully setting it back onto the ground. He moved the basket to the center of the sheet and we both got comfortable.I laid back and stared up at the clouds, hiding behind the branches and leaves. Watching as they made their slow path across the sky. Kita sat next to me and took the chance to eat the fruit he so eagerly was waiting for. Ari,who was waiting just as impatiently, got a bowl full of various fruits inside. Their expressions were quite obviously pleased.

God they're twins...with different bodies.

I sighed gently sinking into the scenery. The breeze as it shook the branches gently. The variously shaped clouds, traveling to their own destination. And the sound of my brother...humming a tune I could never forget.

How calming...

My eyes shut as I drifted off to sleep. This is probably...the calmest I've been in awhile...

Is it~?

~⏳Time skip⌛️~

I slowly opened my eyes, squinting up at the streaks of light that shined down at me, and the large shadow that blocked my sight of the sky. though my vision was blurry I was sure I could make out a face staring blankly at mines. Deep brown locks floating just above my face as he blinked down at me. He seemed to be deeply focused on me sleeping.

Wait a minute...

Kita's hair isn't brown...

After a bit of time, and realization that this person wasn't my brother, I did the most reasonable thing I could think of...