Interview #8 | @stephanie_m_young

21st July 2021

Author - stephanie_m_young

Hi, please tell us a bit about yourself and how you came to know about Wattpad.

My name is Stephanie, married with no kids. My favorite colour is purple. I was introduced to Wattpad by a friend who suggested I try out this platform as a way to come out of my shell and gain some confidence in my writing. >_< 

 Writing has been such a great outlet as I have so many ideas that are bursting to escape lol, but I am certainly no professional. I love Wattpad because it helps build a community of support for those just writing because they love to write.

If anything ever comes out of it – that would be amazing! It’s every author’s dream to be able to make a career out of something they enjoy doing. If not – at least I have been able to share my craziness with like-minded people.

───────✧❁✧───────

1. 

So, tell us what inspired you to write.

I am a huge bookworm! I was always one of those kids who snuck a book with a flashlight underneath the covers thinking my parents wouldn’t notice it was well past my bedtime. Ah – the days before the internet!

I think I am just at the age (no I won’t say what that age is!) where I am just itching to write a story for me – the way I want - beginning, middle and end. I am sure we all have read that one story thinking "Noooo!!! If only...."  Now I get to be on the other end of the death glares and daggers from passionate readers.  *wink*

2.

What is your most recent story you've written?

Actually, I have only started to write very recently, and so far I only have one story that’s still trying to get out XD. My Amara Kingdom series is an epic fantasy with romance elements. It is a planned trilogy.

The first book in the series is called Amethyst Star, and it is complete.
Tagline:

All great loves are marked by destiny - but that doesn't make them any less hard work!

In a new world filled with veiled magic and dark secrets, a warrior prince and his spirited, but reluctant princess embark on a quest for love, duty and purpose. But how will love conquer, when fate has other plans?

I am currently working on Book 2, titled, Queen of the Darkness.

3. 

What is your preferred genre to read and/or write?

My preferred genre to read is Historical Romance. I love a light, easy escape from reality with a happy ever after as a must! 

My preferred genre to write is Fantasy, with the intention of creating something that is fun, exciting, rich in characters and world building but also simple to read and immerse yourself in.

I find the one thing with many fantasy books is that they can be extremely complex to follow (to be fair, they probably should be) but I want mine to be able to reach everyone, not just fantasy fans.