02

'Ah, I'm a baby'

With that thought, Ysabella blankly eyed the woman as it return Ysabella's stare. The woman had an appearance akin to autumn as her curly locks reaching her shoulders was a shade of red and her eyes was a charming hue of green with a hint of brown. Ysabella thought that the woman was rather beautiful for someone who isn't a witch, and grinned at the idea of being a beautiful being once again.

How wonderful, she thought.

Yet, Ysabella realized something a little bit later. Was the woman not smiling? The baby Ysabella turned to look at the woman and focused her view on the face of the maiden. There was no smile.

Only eyes void of emotion.

It seems that Ysabella would be suffering from this point on.

12 years passed, and Ysabella, our unfortunate protagonist seemed to have brought her foretelling abilities with her as a human... She indeed did suffer. Although comparing it to the years Ysabella was hunted and killed. Ysabella was not fazed at all.

Now, Ysabella did not retain the name Ysabella. For with her golden eyes that resembled those she have once she was a witch, and her hair akin to a fiery glaze. Ysabella was named Sehrendpt.

Sehrendpt or Serendipity.

Unlike the meaning of her name, Ysabella was not a blessing. A girl, is what she is. Someone who is only used for politics. A tool for power.

Sehrendpt or Sera, was used for political means. Sera was betrothed to a man, 18 years older than her and who seemed to not take interest or whatsoever towards the young Sera. The lack of interest towards Sera, only made it easier for her to live. She did not to need to be used as a breeding cow for a man older than her.

Although, Ysabella or Sera did not mind for she already endured those sufferings long before the current emperor was born- but she was relieved to know that her body is unfamiliar with the touch of a man and she was especially relieved to know that she did not need to hesitate in approaching Claude, for she was no longer, filthy.

Sera realized that she was 5 years older than Claude when she met Anastacius. The latter was younger than she was, and thus- she came to realized that Claude was younger than her even in this universe.

"It seems the tides of fate will never change?"

"Pardon?" A young maid turned to look at her mistress. The beautiful Sera was deep in thought and seemed to not have heard the maid question her words. The maid then proceeded in cleaning, and turned to leave to avoid disrupting Sera.

Sera was known throughout her land. Her father was cruel and know nothing of the "love" Sera deeply felt for her dear Claude. Thus that father never had any love to spare for Sera or Sera's mother. No more information will be said about them for they died when Sera turned 18. The rightful age to be wed.

Sera, despite being an orphan was still taken by the man 18 years older than her. Marquess Artesian. Marquess Artesian, a merciless knight known for fighting wars and battles- said to never wed before. Yet, here he was marrying a child.

Sera deeply captivated him. Not romantically or sexually, but he found her endearing. Her eyes gleamed as if stars were plucked out of the night sky, her hair resembled crackles of fire. Sera was beautiful and the Marquess, knowing her father's nature, did not deny the marriage proposal sent by the man himself. For if someone other than Marquess Artesian accepted the offer, Sera would have been locked up in a tower- only serving her purpose as a tool for pleasure.

For what can a young girl do in a world where men are in power? Even when Sera was a witch, she who was blinded by love- was forced to act upon the whims of a man.

The whims of the first man she ever loved.

Sera turned hateful remembering the bitter man who left her to rot. The man who cursed her to be immortal and roam the lands of the world forever.

The 1st Emperor of the Obelian Empire.

Arius