03

Ysabella hated Arius, not because she was unable to tamper with the lives of humans- but it was because of him, Ysabella was left alone, as the only surviving witch in the world.

Arius was a God. A foolish young God, who desired to be in power. Thus, he ventured off and created the world, the humans and his human self. He locked his memories as a God and became the 1st Emperor of the Obelian Empire.

Arius then met the young witch, Ysabella. Ysabella who was beautiful from start to finish, took a liking to young human- not knowing that he was a God. A God capable of ruining her and her kin. The two fell in love and decided to be together, until the day- the scornful Arius died at the hands of our beautiful Ysabella.

Ysabella was not in the fault. For why was she in the fault, when she learned that her lover- the emperor captured all of the witches and killed them. In order to gain their power.

Ysabella, killed Arius. Yet, by killing God- she was punished to never die and suffer till the very last fragment of the universe, shatters. Ysabella lost her mind. Spiteful as she was, she was powerless. But Ysabella was never one to hold a grudge,

"Did you loved me, Arius?"

"I do. I really love you."

"Then die."

That was the last time the two spoken, until the day Ysabella met her dear Claude.

Ysabella, who let humans trample on her every being to spite Arius who begged her to take care of herself- stopped herself from falling into ruin when she met her beloved Claude.

"I do say, you're one weird monkey." Ysabella said, seeing a young child dangling at her front porch.

"I'm no monkey. I'm-" Claude fell from the trap as Ysabella undid it with magic.

"Wow! Was that magic?"

"What a child. To think your scum of a father who can't even please me, bore a child such as yourself. How is it that you have a wonderful amount of mana within you?"

"Please you? Are you a concubine, Miss?"

"No. I'm a whore, I give my body to boorish yet handsome men like your father."

"A whore?"

Ysabella laughed at the ditzy expression on Claude's face, and decided to take him under her wing.

"Come child, do you not wish to please me?"

That left a lasting impression on the young Claude.

Years passed, and the young Claude is now an adult.

"Ysabella." Claude called out to the woman, busy reading on the table.

"Your bad habit of not noticing your surroundings seem to be getting worse again." Ysabella snapped out of her trance only to find Claude leaning himself on the hand placed on the table.

"You've grown."

"What nonsense are you saying?" Claude flicked the older woman's forehead and scowled at the haggard appearance she presented herself with.

"For a witch so beautiful, you seem to like appearing like you're dying."

"I do wish to die."

"Stop, did we not talk about this?" Claude glared at Ysabella and then continued, "I do not wish to see you die before I cross the border between life and death first."

"What a child. It seems you have yet to grow."

"Don't act like you raised me. You occasionally would send mother, weird stuff and then act so childish. It was so hard for me to imagine that you're a witch who lived for a million years."

"Is it now?"

Ysabella ignored Claude, which seemed to irk the younger male. "Ysabella," Claude called out to her, "Are you ignoring me right now?"

"Claude. I know you have mommy issues, but I am no mother of yours and I do not wished to be treated as such."

Claude left a bruise on Ysabella's forehead after that.