Chapter 2: A Static First Encounter

The two teens screaming in unison for a couple minutes started to get annoying. "Okay, this is getting dull."

So aiming her staff in a way that would collide with both them. Eda bonked their heads to break them out of their trance. Then the two yelped in pain and grabbed for the aching area.

"Oh, Eda! When did you get here?!" Luz gasped after finally noticing her teacher.

"Doesn't matter, who's the kid?" The Owl Lady asked, ignoring Luz's question.

For a second it took the young witch to figure out what she meant. When it finally jogged into her head, she stared back at the boy. He seemed to be about the same age as Luz, maybe a few years older. His hair was brown with a complexion of white. His wardrobe reminded Luz of the human world. He wore a black shirt that had a wide green stripe going down it with a white number ten inside near the chest. Along with plain brown cargo pants that somewhat sagged over his green and white shoes. But what stood out the most about this teenager was his unique looking watch on his left arm that didn't seem to tell the time. Nothing like the clothes she's seen in the Boiling Isles. "I... have no clue."

"Then why were you screaming?"

"I found him unconscious in the mushrooms and I kinda grabbed his arm. Which made me think I grabbed a severed witch's hand. Then I screamed, which made him scream-

"Okay, okay, I think I get it."

"How do you think he got here?" The apprentice asked?

Eda scratched her chin, "He's maybe here to steal our Gluumucks." She aimed her palismen in a way that resembled a spear wielding form, "Back off buddy, we got here first fair square!"

This entire time the boy had his eyes shut due to the jolt of pain he got moments ago. So he had no idea who had hit him yet. But when he heard the sound of the witch's threat, he opened his eyes just a crack to see the mystery person that attempted to intimidate him. However, as his vision was set to Eda, his eyelids pulled up like curtains. "Charmcaster!"

Almost as if he had seen a ghost, he backed away from the two like a scared animal. When he was about a yards away, he sprung up to his feet and place his right hand onto the odd watch. Whatever he did, it trigger some sort of hologram disc that rotated counter clockwise. The boy pinched the sides of the watch, activating some kind of spring lock that slid the top of the watch up and reveal a large cylinder shaped button with green and black grooves going along it.

Next, the impossible occurred. He slammed his right hand onto the button forcefully. Resulting in a flash of green and white spheres to shroud him until he became a source of light. Although the glow masked his appearance, his silhouette was still vaguely visible. This allowed Eda and Luz to witness the divine enchantment of this action.

They were at first in disbelief of the scene. No one could have possibly anticipated the sight of a metamorphosis that went in an instant. It was difficult to see the entire thing because it happened so fast. However they were able to see that his head shrunk into his shoulders where it formed into some diamond shape. Then his limbs stretched out into fin-like appendages with an addition pair of arms protruding from beneath the first ones.

Immediately after one second, the glow has disappeared. Revealing the appearance of the humanoid jellyfish that stood before them floating in the air. It barely looked anything like the kid from before. He had no mouth, and barely even an abdomen. The center of his body was made out of three pointed skirt shaped flaps that had the limbs slipping out from the bottom. His once pale skin was changed into a light blue with white lighting shaped patterns going across his body. In the center of what would have been his chest, a badge that resembled an hourglass bulged out.