New Leaf: Samsara

In which, you were reincarnated

~*~*~

You are alive.

You never expected to open your eyes again. The details of your death were not clear to you, possibly because it's traumatic enough for your subconscious to repress it. However, while you don't remember how you died, you just know you're not supposed to be alive.

And yet, here you are: seeing, feeling, breathing. As a baby.

A five month-old infant who was now aware she's having a second go in life.

Reincarnation has really changed the way you perceive death.

For one thing, you now know what to expect in the afterlife, and it's as peaceful as how people often portray it to be.

Although, you've also learned that there was no heaven nor hell; just the Limbo where you float for eternity in an unexplainable state of lucid unconsciousness. The end was no longer unknown to you, as you've learned what's on the other side.

(You didn't know if you were alone there because that could be how the Limbo works or it could be because no one was waiting for you there.)

Ultimately, death was just an eternal slumber.

And you've been rudely awakened from it, because life had nothing better to do other than fuck you up by letting you remember your past life as a social experiment to sate its morbid curiosity to see what you would do.

So, yes, while your views on death had changed, your views on life didn't.

Life is still a bitch.

Damn it, if only you had stayed dead and asleep, then you wouldn't have to stress over life all over again.

You wonder if reincarnation is actually a normal part of life or if you're a special case. After all, you still have your memories, and you doubt that's intentional... Was it?

Was your rebirth-with-past-memories accidental? You don't know and probably never will. It doesn't really matter, because you're here, and there's nothing you could do about it but cry. And cry, you did.

At least, for a while.

It's a good thing that's normal for babies.

During the first few months of your new life, you did nothing but sleep, because other than piss, shit, and cry, that's what still-developing infants do. Hell, you can't even see clearly yet, as your sight only lets you identify blobs of colors, unless you're face-to-face with the object you're looking at. Until your eyesight has fully developed, you're as blind as a mole.