New Leaf: Ocean Thousand, Mountain Thousand

A/N: YEAH I MADE AN ANIMATIC LMAOOO

Anyway, this chapter kicked my ass so enjoy

~*~*~

Alternative Title: Roasting People and Jiraiya's Sandal (and then Being Nerds with Minato)

In which, you meet Team Minato.

~*~*~

Tou-chan's absence was glaringly obvious, from the missing third set of footsteps to the overall subdued atmosphere you carry that Jiraiya didn't dare touch with his levity. A wise decision on the sage's part, as you can't help your foul mood and would snap at him if he tried.

For the whole duration of your reincarnation, your second life revolved around your only parent. It's easy to say that tou-chan's your entire world, as your plans for the future would always have him in it. Now that he's (temporarily) away, you're at a loss on how to proceed.

Ever since you first learned where you've been reborn, you greedily and diligently absorbed all the training tou-chan subjected you to, in hopes to not weigh him down with your disability; that you could be of use.

(To not be disposable, a treacherous part of you whispered at the back of your mind, but was easily curbed by the memory of tou-chan's sincere admission to you earlier.)

With your current situation, it's easy to see that your efforts were in vain, and you're rightfully frustrated by it.

Born with a knowledge of another life, but what use is it if your body is incapable of reaching its full potential without chakra? Unique, special, but too weak, and too useless. Your past memories were just compensation for your lack of chakra, but even then, it's not enough.

(You're not enough.)

However...

You're given an opportunity, here. You're given a chance to learn and utilize a power that very few mastered-- fuuinjutsu.

You're weak now, that much you will admit; you won't delude yourself that you can pull out a secret power from your ass like this world's Child of Prophecy. But unlike this universe's protagonist, you're smart, cunning.

You may not be a chakra powerhouse, but you're not an ordinary five-year-old either.

Tou-chan taught you to take advantage of available resources, and damn it, you will do just that. Maybe you can be useful to tou-chan even with the distance; maybe you can achieve something for him.

Konoha is one of the Great Hidden Villages, isn't it? Plenty of resources to go around. The question is: what can you gain from it?

What do I want to do? You thought to yourself indecisively.

Get stronger, definitely. Your weakness was what landed you in this circumstance in the first place.

Next was to avoid as many canon characters as you could; you can't risk changing anything that could nullify your foreknowledge.

So many things to do, and you don't know which to prioritize.

Though, if there's anything at the very top of your list of priorities, it's living long enough to be reunited with tou-chan.

Ugh, had you known you'd be living in Konoha without him, you wouldn't have shown off your abnormal intellect to one of its shinobi. Jiraiya may seem like a buffoon, but you remember he's one of the Legendary Sannin for a reason; he's still a loyal soldier looking for potential assets to benefit his village. And you've proven yourself to be a potential asset many times over throughout the entire journey.