Plan B

When Nat had gone away earlier she had run into Klaus and Yelena, therefore being compelled to remember. Just as Yelena had. Now she stood with the group, hesitant to let them in on this information. 

Instead, she kept her mouth shut. 

"Alright, one of each of us needs to stand- Oh, great." Damon said, glancing at the door. 

"What?" Elena asked following his gaze. "Oh no." 

"Nat, you seem to have forgotten to tell us that your Avenger friends would be joining us tonight." Damon said. 

"I didn't think they knew I was here, or about this party." Nat said, confused. 

"Well they did, and it's gonna be a lot harder to kidnap people when the Avengers are watching us." Damon said. 

"Yeah, so lets just make a Plan B for now. Avoid the Avengers." Stefan said. 

On the other end of the room, the Mikaelsons were having a very similar conversation. 

"Those are the Avengers." Rebekah said, nodding towards them. At the door stood, Tony, Steve, Clint, and Bruce. 

"The Avengers walking into a party full of supernatural creatures.. not good." Elijah said. 

"They must be here for Natasha, she is one of them after all." Klaus said. 

"Yes, but she lied to them. What kind of name is Romanoff anyway? Sounds like a pasta." Rebekah said, earning a chuckle from her brothers. 

Elijah's eyes landed on Nat, walking through the party trying not to be seen.

"It seems our Natasha does not want to be found." He said. 

"Seems not." Klaus said. "Shall we give her a hand?" 

"We shall." Rebekah said, going into the crowd. Her brothers behind her. 

Nat walked a bit hunched over, trying to hide behind the sea of people. She looked to her side, trying to find her brothers, when she bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry I- oh, hello Elijah." She said. 

"It seems you are hiding, from your friends? Why is that?" He asked, curious. 

"I guess it wouldn't look good for me to run off and be found at a party full of the supernatural, it would be a little strange. Don't you think?" She said. 

"Yes, quite strange indeed. Especially since they do not know of your true nature." He said, taking her hand and twirling her around. They began to dance. 

"Well when I came here it felt nice not to have to hide that, but here I go again." She said. 

"Why must you hide from them?" 

"First, they'd freak out if they found out I was a vampire. To add on to that, I was born in 1839. That's supposed to be impossible." 

At the door, Rebekah stood close enough to the Avengers that they might go to her if they needed anything, she was right. 

Clint walked up to her, "Hi there, Clint Barton. Avenger. Have you seen Natasha Romanoff?" 

Right to the point, She thought. Then she played the dumb blonde. "Oh, wow. The Avengers are here, I mean... I did see her, yes. But I don't know where she went." 

Rebekah shrugged to add to the effect. Clint seemed annoyed, "Do you know anyone who might know where she is?" 

"Hm, nope. Maybe if you called her and asked her where she was she would tell you." Rebekah said. 

"We tried, she isn't answering. So it would be a great help, um what's your name?" He asked.