Chapter 5 - A paper's abilities

Freya chewed the pen in her mouth. Who should she write to? 5 pieces of paper confronted her. Kimmy had told her she should write to at least 5 people, it makes you feel more important and worthy. Freya was told to write something to five people. Something moving. Something touching. A letter which had all the thoughts in her her head and....a letter after she dies. Kimmy had told Freya that this was some writing task to keep her intrigued. She told Freya if she kept on trying and never giving up, she could become some of those miracle people. 

She'd already finished four letters in 40 minutes. Freya was quick at using her hands. Must be the hours she spent in the library, writing her book 'Building Blocks'. She was nearly finished. Oh well, someone else will finish it off for me and they'll get all the credit, she thought. But....the ending she desires will not be the ending of an ordinary story. The male lead dies from amnesia. That's where it ends. The persona dies. No what happened to the female lead. She wanted that to occur. She doesn't like happy ever afters. And she never will. Because it never worked for her. 

"Who should the last letter be for? I already wrote to my brother, mother, father and Kimmy. Who should the last letter be for?" Freya's heart throbbed. Carter! No! What would a popular and rich boy like him do reading the letter of a lowlife person like Freya?

Freya started resting the pen in her hand and begun the process of writing what would be considered moving, but according to the letter, this was merely not enough.

"Dear Carter, 

Are you doing all right? Sorry I couldn't take your calls, I'm kinda under the ground now. Resting on a pile of dirt. I mean, it's pretty nice just sleeping, you have nothing else to do. I heard from the other spirits it gets boring so they leave their grave and look over what their friends and family are doing. So don't worry, I'll look over you all the time. But here are a few parting words before I leave you all on your own to make decisions. 

First of all, I want to really thank you for being there for me. Being as popular as you are, it's surprising you dedicated even a minute of your life with me. But I would warn you, don't be there for me in the grave because of me. Just because my life on Earth is gone, doesn't mean you need to be too. Life is a precious thing. You taught me that. So if you're gone because of me, I'll never talk to you in the afterlife. But then again, that shouldn't concern you since you have a lot of fangirls drooling over you. They'd be dying to talk to you."

Freya felt a sudden pang in her heart, as if an arrow went right through it. She picked up the pencil and started weaving letters into words into sentences again.

"Second of all, your mother came by once at the hospital to see my condition. To me, it wasn't that surprising since I supposed people of importance would show how charitable they are to the sick, and I was her best bet since we already know each other. She came to me and told me that she believes I am worthy of anything because I truly am a great human. Do you  think that too? That I'm a good human? Because I think you are amazing. You accepted me, a delusional disgrace. That's why I considered you my friend."

The next paragraph she was going to write was the result of mustered courage. A debate took place in her brain, should she write it down or not. It wouldn't be the most pleasant thing to say if you were in the grave, even if they didn't like you. She knows that very well.

"Also...I've heard from your mother...that you like me. She told me that you have been agonising over me and saying my name in your sleep. That's  kinda creepy y'know? I guess five years of being with me had really made you more soft and caring towards someone. But me? That's what you don't hear everyday. The popular, beautiful flawless Carter in love with the ugly skinned Freya. Talk about drama. You're probably here now to know an answer. Hmmm, I suppose I must. Well, I act all strange when I'm near you. My face automatically heats up when you talk to me. There's this strange feeling in my stomach. Isn't it obvious? Actually no, you're dumb, I'll say it directly. I, Freya Murphy, love you."

Freya's heart skipped a beat. She looked at the only empty space on the page. 

Freya Murphy