Chapter Three

The sight that greeted me upon entry was the most beautiful thing ever perceived by the naked eye. There, in the center of the arena, two very familiar Reapers sparred, looking both beautiful and frightening with their deadly Scythe's poised ready for yet another attack.

The two figures collided yet again, faster than the normal eye could see. Sparks burst all around them as metal clashed with metal. They were evenly matched. It was surprising, considering just last semester one of them could barely last in a fight. I stared on in awe. So much improvement in such a short amount of time.

They must have called it a draw, for the two sparring partners stepped away from each other and shook hands. The students seated around the arena stood up and cheered for their fellow classmate. It was then, a familiar head of silver hair turned his head and saw me. The smile that greeted me was one filled with love and absolute devotion. I instantly felt my face become hotter than normal. How is it he can still effect me in such a way? Then he started walking towards me, and my stomach started doing excited flips, giving me the sense of flying butterflies in my stomach.

When he reached me, my heart leapt for joy as his arms wrapped around me in a tight embrace and his lips found mine in a sweet kiss. My heart started beating faster with all the love it contained for this man. All too soon, he pulled away from me and gazed into my eyes so lovingly it made my knees weak.

"My dear Kate, I have missed you so." Undertaker murmured as his hand caressed my cheek. I giggled at his words.

"But you saw me just this morning. How could you already miss me so much?"

"Oh, my dear Katie Cat, every second you are away from me, I miss you more with every beat of my heart." As he spoke of missing me, my heart soared into the heavens above. It is moments like these that make me feel as though I am the most loved woman in the entire world. I smiled warmly at him and kissed his cheek. I really do love this man.

"So, my dear, what brings you here? Don't you have class as well?" Undertaker asked me after a moment.

"I did. However, my teacher told me I don't have to go back anymore."

"Oh? Why is that?" He wondered.

I then proceeded to tell Undertaker what happened in the classroom earlier. He let out a huge laugh when I repeated the very blunt words I spoke that were meant to be my thoughts. He laughed even harder when I described the classes' reaction to our Death Scythes. He was highly amused about the whole thing. It made me smile, seeing him laugh wholeheartedly like a mad man.

"So, my dear Katie Cat, what do you plan to do with all your new found free time?" Undertaker chuckled. "Would you like to stay here with me? Maybe I could teach you something new? I promise it won't be boring." His smile widened immensely, as though there were a hidden meaning behind his words. Some how, that smile sent pleasant flutters to the area directly below my stomach. A place I have become very familiar with thanks to Undertaker. At that thought, my heart started racing and my face grew hot.

"Nothing is ever boring with you, Undertaker." I smiled through the feelings flooding my body, hoping Undertaker wouldn't notice. "However, I think I am going to go home for a while. It has been too long since we've been back. Lord knows how many cob webs there are now." I chuckled. Undertakers smile falteted a fraction and looked down, his eyes now hidded by his bangs.

"Home? You mean back to the shop? Without me?" His tone indicated he was upset I wasn't going to be spending more time with him. I moved closer to him and parted his bangs, revealing his beautiful yellow-gold eyes filled with hurt and sorrow.

Oh, my Undertaker. I didn't mean to hurt you so. I wrapped him tightly in my arms, hoping to banish the hurt I saw in his eyes.

"I don't want to go anywhere without you. What kind of fun would that be?" I giggled, hoping it would lighten his mood. "I want you to come with me. You can come here to the academy and teach when you must and then come back home to me afterwards. It would be as though we are already wed. What say you? Will you come home with me?"

Undertaker lifted his head to look me in the eyes, the hurt and sorrow was mostly gone, but a flicker of those emotions remained deep within him. It was at that moment I realized, Undertaker thought I was going back to the shop to get away from him. He could not be more wrong! I had to make this right. I had to make sure he knew I would always wish to be by his side. So I did the one thing I knew would lift his spirits.

I transformed into the small, deep blue, almost black, domestic house cat Undertaker loves so much. He loves this form for it was the form I was in when we first met. Of course, back then, he thought I was just and ordinary stray cat. Boy was he wrong. I laughed to myself at the pleasant memory. It seems so long ago now.

Above me, I heard Undertaker chuckle as well. I looked up at him and tilted my head curiously. What was he laughing about? I placed a tiny paw on his leg to catch his attention. When he focused his eyes on me, I jumped into his arms, which cradled me almost instantly, and tilted my head at him once more in curiosity. He understood my unspoken question and chuckled again.

"I was just remembering the first time we met. How I mistook you for a helpless stray kitten half frozen and starved. Then, the next morning, when I went to check on the poor helpless kitten, I am met with the most gorgeous woman these eyes have ever seen. And might I say, these eyes have seen many things over many years." Undertaker smiled brightly at me and began to scratch my head right behind my ears. I closed my eyes and purred loudly. He knew exactly where to pet. His chuckling grew louder the more amused he became.

Then, suddenly, he stopped. Curious, I opened my eyes and looked at him again, his eyes already on me, soft and loving and happy. No sorrow remained to be seen.

"I will come home with you, my dear Kate. But you must promise me we will spend more time together. I do miss your company so very much. I miss being able to hold you just like this." His arms slightly tightened around me to demonstrate what he was talking about. I purred loudly, agreeing to his terms. I missed being held too. With my classes and his teaching, we have hardly had any time together. And, apparently, it was beginning to effect our relationship. A few days to ourselves would be perfect for us.

Undertaker smiled widely and set me on my feet, giving my head one last pet before sending me to the lockers to redress. Undertaker offered to come with me and help out, however, I sent him on his merry way and scampered to the lockers to get dressed.