Chapter Two

Another boring day in the most boring class ever. How is this even an advanced class? The things this guy is teaching us, Undertaker already went through with my previous class mates. The tests are easy, the work is easy, and once again, I'm at the top of the class. There is no challenge amongst the kids, they aren't even that strong. The only challenge here is Maya, and we're best friends so I don't even count her as a challenge, I just count her as awesome.

I look around the classroom and saw all the other "advanced" students hanging on the edge of their seats, soaking up all the information given to them with eagerness, while Maya and I both lean against the desk, looking bored out of our minds. 

Maya caught me glance and rolled her eyes, indicating how ridiculously boring this class was. I smirked and nodded my head, telling her I felt the same way. I don't like this sitting down at a desk all day and listening to lectures I already knew. I wanted some action. I wanted to fight, to train, to master my abilities. I was in the library last night, doing some battle research and read something about how it might be possible for a Shinigami to use their manifested soul power to aid them in battle. I wanted to test that theory and perfect it. However, I can't do that while I'm just sitting here in this classroom still learning about the different types of Death Scythes. 

I sighed loudly and laid my head on the desk with a thump.

"Miss Griffiths, is this class boring you? Or is it too advanced for your tiny brain to comprehend?" The arrogant teacher asked smugly.

"The first option. This class is so incredibly dull, I could die." I said bluntly.

"Why you...how dare you insult my teachings! You ought to be grateful I even allowed you and your friend to enter my classroom!" The teachers voice boomed through out the room.

"I'm going to be honest with you, you aren't teaching Maya and I anything that we didn't already learn from the first semester of our previous class. We already know all about Death Scythes. Hell, I even posses one. We both do." I said without thinking. I caught Maya's shocked expression and then realized exactly what I had just said. I opened my mouth intending to apologize, but the teacher beat me to it.

"Alright, since you both feel my classroom is boring, then you no longer have to attend this class for the rest of the semester." He said calmly. Maya's eyes widened and she perked up in excitement.

"Really? We don't have to come back for the rest of the year? That's AWESO--"

"On one condition." The teacher interrupted Maya mid sentence.

"And what is your condition?" I asked warily.

"You have to prove to me that you really do possess Death Scythes. Right here, right now." The teacher said smugly. 

I see, he thinks we were just lying about having Death Scythes so we wouldn't have to come back to class. Maya and I exchanged a knowing smirk and stood up in the middle of the classroom. We both concentrated on our Death Scythes, Maya concentrating on summoning hers and I concentrating on transforming mine. 

Almost simultaneously, our Death Scythes appeared in our hands. Maya's was in the shape of a beautifully crafted, long handled battle axe almost taller than she was. The axe blade was silver adorned with delicate, bronze red roses with vines, complete with wickedly sharp thorns, weaving all around the golden handle. It was a beautiful masterpiece befitting my best friend. Beautiful, yet deadly. I had my Death Scythe transform into my own version of Undertakers Death Scythe. It was the same as his, but I left off the thorn crowned skeleton along the handle. It was the same color scheme as all of my weapons. It had a long blood red blade and a deep black handle. Just like Mayas Death Scythe, it was almost taller than me.

The teacher's eyes, along with the rest of the students, widened in both disbelieving shock and fear. I can only imagine what we looked like to them. Two beautiful young women dressed in just as beautiful dresses made of the finest fabrics, holding such deadly looking weapons emitting so much power and authority.

"An A class Death Scythe and an S class Death Scythe? Such....such power at such an early stage... How can that be?" The teacher murmured.

"We are both very advanced students." I said.

"Can we go now? Because I have a lot of shopping I have to catch up on." Maya said, very eager to leave and literally shop until she drops.

Still being in such a shocked state, the teacher just nodded and we were dismissed. We both allowed our Death Scythes to disappear, Maya's returning to her soul and mine returning back to the ring that adorns my right middle finger.

Once outside the Academy, Maya turned to me with a smile on her face. "Hey Katie, do you want to go shopping with me? We can always get you more of those undergarment sets that Mr. Legendary likes so much." Maya said with a knowing wink. My face instantly turned beat red. Because of Undertaker and his rashness, my undergarment drawer is sadly almost none existent. But there is something I must do now that I unexpectedly have a lot of time on my hands.

"I'm sorry Maya, I would love to, but there is something I have to do." I said.

"Ah. Going to go see your Underlover?" Maya laughed.

"No!" I said stubbornly. Then I thought about it. Maybe I should go see Undertaker, explain to him what happened and that I don't have to go to class anymore. "Well, maybe. But that's not the reason why I can't go shopping with you. I'm going to try something I read about in the library the other day.

"You mean that thing you told me about with the soul power? It seems almost too good to be true..."

"I know, but I want to at least try. If there is any form of truth to what I read, I want to know."

"I understand, you want to know every little thing there is to know. But don't neglect Undertaker. You two don't have much alone time anymore since he actually became a teacher. Now that we no longer have classes, you can spend more time with him, ya know?"

"Yeah. I know. Thanks Maya. Don't shop too hard. You now have all the time in the world to do all of that." I laughed.

"I can't make any promises. You know how I am when it comes to shopping."

I laughed. "Don't I know it."

Maya ran off singing a little tune consisting of only one word: Shopping. I turned in the direction of the training arena, where I knew for certain Undertaker would be. It feels it has been much too long since I've seen him, or even talked to him. Reaching the large, Roman style arena, I paused for some reason. Was I nervous to see him? But why? He is my fiancee. I shouldn't be nervous when going to see him. But I am.

Taking a steadying breath, I walked through the double doors.

A/N: I AM SOOOOO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED!!!!! AND I AM SOOOOOO SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS KINDA SHORT!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEASE DON'T HATE ME!!!!!!!!!! IF IT'S ANY CONSOLATION..........I love you guys for being so loyal to Kate and Undertaker. I won't make any promises that i will update soon. Because i don't want to be a liar. So i will try to update. I will not leave this story until it is done. I CAN promise that.