[16] a random day

edited: ✔

"Hey, are you from Class 3-3? Your PE teacher says that all of you will be going to the field after your lunch break," a boy tapped Isa's shoulders and said. Isa nodded, and he walked away.

"I guess we'll have to go tell the others then, " Sumin said, and they told their other classmates after eating. Well, most of them. Word usually goes around quickly like wildfire. Usually. When they walked to the field, they looked around.

No one.

Well, at least there were six of their classmates. Moonbin, Sanha, Eunwoo, Myungjun, Minhyuk and Jinwoo. They were strolling around the field, taking ages to reach the girls.

"Where are the others?" Myunjun asked. The girls shrugged in unison. They idled there for a while until Seeun started whining.

The back of the block of classrooms was facing the field, so Sieun searched for her class' windows. When she located it, she shielded her eyes from the sun, peering into the classrooms. Fans and lights were on.

"Er...guys? They're still inside," Sieun said, and Isa glanced up and muttered, "Who's gonna go up to tell them?"

"Not me in this sweltering heat," Yeeun commented. Sumin strolled towards them. "Simple, we don't even need to go up." Sumin cracked her neck and her knuckles.

"YAH!" CLASS 3-3!!" She shrieked, words crystal clear that you could even hear from the cafeteria. A few heads peered out of their classroom's windows, including other classes on the same level.

"COME DOWN TO THE FIELD!! WHO TOLD YOU TO STAY IN CLASS?" Sumin boomed once again. The heads disappeared, and footsteps were heard in the stairwell nearby. Soon, the whole class arrived at the field. Sumin ushered them to the school field and sat on a bench. She watched her classmates "wander" around the school field, but at the same time, she felt worried since the noise that they were making was loud and could affect the others. Fifteen minutes passed, and their P.E. teacher was still nowhere to be found. Luckily, today they had one hour. The class was starting to get more hyperactive and restless, and now, you could see running boys and girls chasing girls after exposing each other, and probably more.

"Guys," Yeeun spoke. No one paid attention to her.

"GUYS!" She waved. Everyone looked at her.

"DON'T RUN AROUND." She emphasised the words after witnessing boys rolling on the grass. Why are boys so childish? Yeeun sighed audibly.

"Guys, he's there!" Miya said, pointing to the entrance of the field. They ran towards their teacher like an army of ants.

"Today, we'll be going to the hall instead, " the teacher said, and the class climbed up the staircase.

The next day, after Sieun made sure that the girls ate their breakfast, wearing simple shirts and shorts, she carried ice boxes and went down to the 16th floor before exchanging lift zones to get down to the basement carpark

The next day, after Sieun made sure that the girls ate their breakfast, wearing simple shirts and shorts, she carried ice boxes and went down to the 16th floor before exchanging lift zones to get down to the basement carpark. She pressed the car key, opened the car's trunk, loaded the boxes and hopped into the girls' shared Mercedes. She drove to the village market near the fishery port, where her grandmother used to bring her there. The drive took about half an hour, but she preferred to do that than to go to the local market where the seafood was not that fresh. It's always quality over quantity to Sieun. Of course, she sometimes would shop at the local supermarket for most of the stuff, but in terms of seafood and freshness, it was always the village market. After she reached the market, she got out of the car and walked towards one of the stalls.

"Ah, Sieun ya, you're here," a grandma said.

"Hello, Hwang Halmeoni," she said and hugged the grandma.

"How are you?" The grandma said, swatting some flies which were lurking around the fish.

"Pretty much fine," Sieun smiled.

"Come, today's fishes are very fresh, and today I could maybe give you a discount," Grandmother Hwang said, and Sieun rejected the offer and selected some fish. Grandmother Hwang insisted on giving her a discount, so Sieun conceded defeat. After some shopping, she walked back to the car and opened the car's trunk, loading the iceboxes with ice she got before placing her shopping inside. She hopped into her car and drove home.

When Sieun reached the condominium's parking lot, she took her Kate Spade bag and exited the car. She pressed one of the buttons of her car key, and the trunk opened. She unloaded the boxes and entered the lift. A happy trio of chirps emitted from the digital lock and it signalled that Sieun unlocked the door. She placed the iceboxes on the kitchen island.

"Sumin, time to cook lunch," she said, and Sumin walked towards her.

"We're probably gonna make soondae-guk since I bought some of the sausages," Sieun said, answering Sumin's question instantly. She took out the ingredients needed for the soup and placed the rest in the fridge.

 She took out the ingredients needed for the soup and placed the rest in the fridge

filler chapter cause why not