[20] regret

edited: ✔

Rain, drenched uniforms, school. Sounds normal, right?

Blood, agents and two dead bodies. One was a kind girl, another was a cruel man.

Isa wished that Aisha was temporarily gone. Scratch that, everyone wished that Aisha was temporarily gone. But she was gone forever.

The students were debriefed of the situation, while GWSN, Twice and STAYC watched the men Mr Lee sent, clean up the bodies and the place. There wasn't anything to debrief actually; the school was mourning over Aisha's death. Isa stopped crying, but her face was blank, eyes were wide. They silently went back to their house without a word.

Isa walked out of her apartment once she finished showering and doing her chores

Isa walked out of her apartment once she finished showering and doing her chores. She wore her sneakers and walked to the lift, pressing the downwards arrow multiple times. She'd rather be anywhere than her house. It brought her memories of Aisha and Cheng Xiao hanging out with her, plus the other five. It was too painful to handle. If she saw Cheng Xiao and the boss fighting, nothing like this would happen. If she saw Aisha hiding, nothing like this would happen.

Aisha wouldn't be dead.

There were too many untold memories about Aisha. Of how her kindness brightened everyone's day. Or how she stood up for people whenever Eunbi bullied them. Or when Aisha cured her loneliness on the first day of kindergarten and stayed with her for middle school and high school. Or her service as the vice-president of the school leader council. She was one of the people that made the students smile.

She walked to one of the bridges near her apartment complex. The bridges of the Han River are fascinating, she thought as she strolled to Jamsu bridge. Isa leaned by the railings, and took out her airpods, staring at the night sky. As she started thinking about the scenery while singing, her train of thought unexpectedly came to Aisha.

"Make a wish, Isa."

"Okay..." a nine-year-old Isa clasped her hands and silently thought of a wish, before taking in a deep breath and blowing out.

"Eww, there's your saliva."

"There isn't!"

"Just kidding! C'mon, let's eat the cake before I have to go home," Aisha said and Isa nodded, taking a piece of the mini-sized mango cake.

"Thanks, Aisha, you're the bestest friend I've ever had."

-

"Go away!" Aisha scowled at Eunbi's minions and they scuttled away like cockroaches. Actually, they could be one. They went up to the school rooftop to have our break instead. Isa fished for something in her skirt pocket before taking out a box.

"Here," Aisha took the box curiously and opened it. There was a bracelet, with bead letters that spelt out, "AISHA♡♡".

"I wanted to pass you this, but Eunbi's minions came to beat me, sorry that you had to find me instead," Isa said. Aisha patted Isa's shoulder.