[14] the fight

edited: ✔

The girls entered their class, greeting their classmates around them before taking a seat. Yeeun drank half of her water in her bottle, so she got up and made her way to a water dispenser near her class. When she walked past Class 3-5, laughter was heard, causing her to turn around to see what was happening.

And what greeted her was a horrible sight.

Five girls were beating a girl up while other students watched from afar. Yeeun entered the class, dragging the hurt girl away and into her class.

"Guys, we need the first-aid kit now!" She shouted, and her classmates rushed to get the box. Miya helped her clean the girl's wounds, and once they were done, Isa pulled a chair and sat beside the girl, while Yeeun leaned on the chair.

"What's your name?"

"Lena."

"Tell me what happened." Lena sighed.

"I just ruffled some of the bullies' feathers," Lena sighed again. Isa brought the girl back to her classroom when her teacher arrived. Isa returned to class, and Mr Im started his lessons. While Isa was doing her worksheets, someone behind her called her.

"Psst."

Isa turned around to see Miya. "Yes?"

"Is it me, or is Mr Im acting off today?" Isa turned to look at Mr Im.

It was true. He kept on looking out to the window every five minutes. Isa shrugged at Miya and mouthed, "It's not just you. I notice too."

The answer was revealed after their lunch break. While Mr Im was teaching the class, the lights went out, and gunshots rang in every student's ears.

A loud, piercing scream was heard. Lights now were flickering, and more gunshots were heard. Everything became a blur for the students as they ducked under their tables. STAYC took their guns and night vision glasses out and wore earpieces. Sieun signalled Yeeun to get Cheng Xiao. Yeeun opened the back door and checked around before going up the stairs. She checked the top of the landing and saw one of the hired muscles. She shot him before going up the stairs cautiously. Yeeun cocked her gun and shot another hitman who intended to barge into Cheng Xiao's class. She opened the classroom door and signalled the students to be silent. She handed Cheng Xiao a gun, night vision glasses and an earpiece.

Yeeun turned her head to the window to see someone aiming at the classroom and shot the person multiple times, making the students recoil at the loud noise. Both girls ran out while shooting some of the men on the way. Cheng Xiao pulled her glasses down and saw a heat signal. She advanced towards it quietly and opened fire on the target.

"Someone cover levels one and two," Mr Im spoke. "These aren't Cheng Hui's enemies. They're mine."

"Understood." Seeun hopped off the railings and swung herself down to the second level, shooting more men while going down, causing the students who watched her silently to gape in shock. She landed on the ground and did a forward roll before shooting down the men who tried opening the classroom doors.

Sieun ran down the corridor when she spotted more men at the turn. She pulled out another gun and shot all of them. When she spotted more, she realised that she was outnumbered.

"Now or never, Sieun."

Sieun turned to face Mr Im— he watched from a window far from the corridor— and nodded. She shoved one of the guns into her belt and pulled out a grappling hook, aimed at the roof of the building and shot it. When the hook was secured on the edge of the building, she stepped on the railing and jumped down, descending to the first level, while shooting the armed men at the corner. More students gasped, but this time in awe. After unhooking the grapple hook, she scanned her surroundings and made her way to the other classrooms. Sumin turned her head to the roof of the school and saw that the helicopter was going to leave. She tapped on her earpiece while knocking a man cold with the back of her gun.

"Yoon, get to the rooftop now. Hurry, you'll need to get past the roof access staircase too."

"Understood."

Yoon ran up to the fourth level and ran to the roof access door. Using her glasses, she saw multiple heat sources and stopped running, moving steadily from then. She had to take off the glasses since the men were holding flashlights. Yoon pushed the infrared glasses to her forehead. The lights were still going on and off, so when the students saw her removing the pair of infrared glasses, they silently prayed that she could pull this off.

"Too many of them near the roof access. Someone should go and take care of the helicopter instead."

"I'll go." A voice was heard.

Yoon took a deep breath and took out another gun.

She ran up the corridor wall and somersaulted, shooting all of the men while airborne. After reloading her gun, she saw more coming for her, causing her to be outnumbered. The clinking sound of a pin dropping was heard; something round rolled towards the men and exploded, causing thick smoke to erupt. It was a gas bomb. Gunshots were heard, and several conscious men collapsed. Yoon turned to see Jeongyeon and Jihyo.

"Come on, we have to take care of them," Jihyo said, and Yoon nodded as they started to shoot more incoming targets.

"The helicopter is leaving. Isa, get them now," Mr Im's voice was heard from the earpiece, along with gunshots.

"Coming," Isa replied. She got an automatic gun and went to the railings, where she could get a clear view of the helicopter leaving. She aimed at the helicopter and shot continuously, and the helicopter crashed and exploded. Hearing footsteps, she turned around, a knife swinging across her, but she dodged. It was someone who looked like the boss. She swung her leg, causing the man's leg to give way and fall, and she finished him with the remaining bullets in the gun. When he was finally dead, she tapped on the earpiece.

"Everyone okay?"

"Yes, I think there's no more." Another voice was heard. Isa pulled out her phone and dialled Mr Lee.

"We're done here."

"Okay, good job. I'll send people to clean up the bodies."

-

i deleted this part by accident ;-; luckily, i had the version saved in my google docs...