I never knew how much pain my two friends were going through. Max suffered from loss on a horrific level and being the cause of it, according to her. Val suffered from watching someone she loved be eaten away by her own mind. I helped Max by being there for her when she was in the edge. I helped Val by opening up to her about how I truly felt towards her. Last night, we watched a movie together. The night before, we went on a dinner date. Tonight... We're going to a gig. A concert of whatever the band name is now. Only thing is, I'm bringing Max along. Valerie's idea, thinking Max might get lucky tonight. I thought Max would've got a little jealous knowing Valerie and I are dating. Instead, the Retro girl accepts it. Supports it.

"You sure you wanna go to the front, Max?" Val asks. "I want to catch a guitar. See them in person. I want to meet them too just for a selfie."
Val was the one driving and I'm glad because I'm a nervous wreck right now. "You sure you wanna go, Vic?" I nod vigorously. We pull up into a car park not far from the building itself. We head inside just as the place was filling. "Holy shit, he's changed," I say. "I know, right? Looks like a real maniac," Val replied. "Come on, guys! Let's get to the front already!" We head to the front as more people pile in. The stage is being prepared as well as the speakers. Their drummer looks like an alcoholic. Rose and Jennifer are absent and there's two knew members.

"I'd love to meet Lucia. Their bass player. She has the best riffs and rhythms I've ever heard," Max says, trying to control her excitement. "Maybe you can if you're lucky enough." Val smirked to me and I know that she plans on having them meet. I look to the girl holding the black and blue bass. Her hair was long and messy, dyed a purplish red. She wore a sleeveless blue jacket and a white top with a black butterfly on it. Her eyes settled on Max and I'm sure the girl smiled a little. What worried me most was her heavy bags and bloodshot eyes.

Not long later, music was blasting through and lights were igniting the place with many colours. I wasn't head banging or going crazy unlike Max and Val. I only came to make them happy. Markus was yelling into the mic, singing about how broken the world is. How freedom doesn't exist when your leader still breathes. They don't often do covers now, according to Max. I only know covers and old songs of ours. He does his final strum as the drummer ruins the end of the song completely by attempting to show how fast he could be. I could tell the other three weren't happy with it. The audience was going super insane, loving the music they produced.

Then he locks eyes with mine for a moment. My small smile faded into a frown. But his got bigger. He lipped "holy shit." "Oh shit," I say. I'm not wanting him to point me out. I don't want any attention at all once we leave. "Alright my Anarchists! I've just spotted a very familiar face amongst the crowd!" Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck. He comes over to us and I quickly cover my face as he pulled me on stage. I tremble in front of him as the crowd gets quieter, unsure of my previous part in this band. "Fuck me, Vic. What the happened to you? I thought you were dead," he says quietly.

"Yeah, well I'm not. Couldn't you wait til after the show to talk to me?" "I want you to play for us. Only for tonight. The drummer is shit, y' know." I sigh and shake my head, feeling my heart race quicker the longer I'm up here. "I'm not playing. Not after that fucking heart attack three years ago." "One night, Vic. I'm sure Abby would've wanted you to keep playing. You know how much it made her happy," he says. Abby always did like my playing. She loved it. I suppose this will bring back memories of good times. Plus, it might get Max and the bass player talking.

"Where's my mask and sticks?" I ask. He almost burst with joy and quickly ran off stage. I was still frozen here. "Hey, where's he going?!" The drummer asks aggressively. I look to Max who was lost in confusion. Moments later, the drummer was told to get lost and I slip on my mask and spin my sticks as I sit down. "You sure you got this?" He asks. "I haven't played in so long... Can I warm up first?" "Sure. Be quick." So, within a minute or two of getting back into my old speedy self, Markus started to play a classic of the band, "To The Pits Of Hell," which consisted of chaotic, demonic emotions. For a Punk Rock band, this is the only Heavy Metal song we like.

About an hour passed, maybe longer. I was sweating, gasping for the slightest bit of air as I grow faint. However, I felt loose, more energetic and happy. I took my rage out on the drums and the result is cheering and chanting from the audience. I look to Max who was jaw dropped speechless, as was Valerie. I guess I'm shocked, too. Never knew I still had it. "Thanks, V! Go backstage, there's a few bottles of water there!" Markus says as he and the others start packing away their equipment. When I went backstage, I saw that there was a few beers. So I had two cans and downed them in an instant.

"Holy shit, you're V?!" Max yelled as she jumped on me. "Yes, yes!" I reply as I try steadying myself from her weight. "That's so cool!" She hops off my back and fixes her hair before Val gave me the strongest hug she's ever given. "You doing okay?" She asked. "Yeah, thanks. I feel better," I reply. "Damn, V! You can really play!" A voice says from behind. I turn to see it's Lucia with a big smile on her face and arms folded. "Was told someone wanted to meet with me," she said. I nod and pull Max over. "This is Max, your biggest fan." Miss Caulfield was tense, shaking when she waved her hand. "Hi," she stuttered.

"Hey, hun. I've seen you before at a previous concert. Max is a cool name." "Really?" Max asked. She fiddled with her hands, eyes somewhere on Lucia's chest. I look to Val who was smirking at Max's nervousness. "Of course. Hey, I'm free in five minutes. Wanna head back to the band house and watch movies or something?" I could see the light in Max's eyes almost blow up as she nodded vigorously. "Yeah, I'd love to!" she replied. Lucia grins and winks as she walks away. "She winked at me. Victoria, she winked at me," Max said almost breathlessly. I've never seen Max this energetic before, even before the tragedy of Arcadia Bay.

"I'm sure you two will have fun. Vic and I will be home relaxing," Valerie said as she slid an arm around my shoulders. "We'll see you soon, Max. Stay safe, okay?" I say, earning a little nod before Val and I head home. "You think Max will last long with Lucia tonight?" she asked. "I think Max will last as long as Lucia wants." Val and I laugh a little then climb into the car. I don't think Val knows that I plan on giving her as much love I can give her tonight. I know we're both hungry for eachother. I was able to use my powers without her noticing and she's definitely wanting to have some romantic fun tonight.

"I hope you're ready for what awaits when we get home." "Oh yeah? What should I prepare for?" she asks, as if she already knows. "A long night of passionate romance," I reply flirtatiously. "Is that so?" Her smirk grew when I placed a gentle kiss on her cheek. "Max won't be the only one having fun before bed." She then pulls out of the car park and picks up the speed on our way home. She's craving me. I know she is.