𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆

(Y/N)' s body freezes as she stays stuck in her position; this was the moment she feared. The reason she didn't want to be in his class. Why didn't she tell him when they were on break? But she liked being treated like a normal person. She was scared he would act differently towards her.

Megumi whipped around to face the girls that stand down at the back, "what are you talking about?" He glared at them as they carried on to laugh at his clueless self. Was he missing something here? Turning to face his girlfriend, whose eyes were focused on the almost clean desk. "Wow, you didn't even tell him," the leader spoke as she stood and walked over to (Y/N), who continued standing there, not knowing what to do.

The girl touched her hair, but (Y/N) smacked her hand away; she wasn't going to let her do whatever she wanted with her. No matter what situation they were in. "Is that how you get your boyfriends, whore?" She leaned into her ear and spoke quietly loudly so that everyone could hear. (Y/N) pushed her away, "that's not what happened." She tried to defend herself, but Megumi looked at her, hoping to understand what was happening.

"I wanted to tell him the truth, but I was afraid" (Y/N) didn't care if no one else understood her. She only cared about Megumi. Glancing into his jet black eyes as she attempted to make him understand even though he was even more confused.

"What were you afraid of telling me?" Megumi questioned her, finally able to piece together the puzzle as to why she was bullied. But before (Y/N) could open her mouth to reveal her secret, that girl had to interrupt their moment.

"She's deaf", she blurted out the truth. Megumi's eyes widen as past memories of watching movies and her constant need for subtitles or having him repeat himself. He thought it was weird but didn't want to put pressure on her. However, how could she hide something like this from her? This was a serious thing that he could have helped her with, but instead, she didn't trust him.

"I'm not fully deaf; I can still hear bit" (Y/N) grabbed Megumi's arm, desperately trying to get him to believe her. He couldn't leave her. Megumi was her everything. "A deaf girl who plays the piano, what a joke", the girl stated, causing the whole classroom to laugh at her.

Soon it was becoming harder to breathe that she couldn't handle being in the room anymore. Her eyes wandered around until she met Megumi, but he didn't even help her. (Y/N) did the only thing she could, she ran away just like she always did when someone did something to her. (Y/N) could never stand up for herself.

Out of the classroom and up the stairs towards the top floor, a door stood waiting for her. Pushing it open to reveal the rooftop, the only place she could finally take a deep breath. Everything between her and Megumi was ruined, and it was all that girl's fault.

(Y/N) bent down with her hands on her knees, not even noticing the door open behind her. "(Y/N)" someone called her name, but she didn't want to look up. The person walked around and gently placed a hand on her shoulder, "it's me." Her (e/c) eyes glazed up to meet Megumi's; he was here. Maybe it wasn't ruined.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he removed his hand so she could stand up straight. "Yeah", she simply answered, causing a sigh to leave Megumi. "You always say you are fine when you're not. Why won't you ever depend on me?" He questioned as she stood there puzzled by him, "I don't want to burden you." It was an automatic answer; she saw how much her parents struggled with the hospital bills. She never wanted to be a burden on anyone else again.

"Just because you are deaf doesn't mean you are a burden to anyone", he softly spoke as her eyes began to water up by his sweet words. It was hard to believe him, but she knew he would never lie to her. Not like how she had lied.

"Now, why didn't you tell me?" he questioned, creating more distance between the two while crossing his arms. (Y/N) could feel the coldness coming out of him as he stared at her.  "Because I thought you would treat me differently", she paused, glancing at her fidgeting fingers, "as the others." She stuttered out as he began to glare at her.

"Have I ever been rude to you?" he asked as she shook her head, "then why would you think I would be cruel to you?!" Megumi finally let go of the frustration he has felt since he found out.

"You don't know what it's like being deaf. How people treat you differently, either like a freak or like something made from glass." (Y/N) took a deep breath trying to calm her annoyance that no one gave her a chance except him but only because he didn't know she was deaf.

"I'm just like everyone else."

"Well, you didn't give me a chance to understand" he would be lying if he didn't automatically think that if he knew, he would have been more careful with her. But if she had explained her feelings to him, he would have tried to understand and not done that.

"That's because I was afraid. I didn't know if I wanted to take that risk," (Y/N) shouted at Megumi, he was insensitive to her, but she knew at the same time she was in the wrong but didn't want to admit it.

"Maybe if you took that risk, then maybe we wouldn't be arguing now" Megumi narrowed his eyes at her as she stared at him. "There's not too many risks I can take when everyone at school has been ruthless to me."

"(Y/N)" Megumi called her name before taking a deep breath, "we were in a relationship. As a couple, we are supposed to communicate." He paused, "not keep secrets from each other." After he spoke, he began walking back towards the door.

"Megumi! Wait!" She cried out to him as she ran to him and grabbed his arm, "I'm sorry. Please don't leave me," she pleaded with him, but all he did was look away from her. "I need some space" she couldn't do anything, (Y/N) couldn't force him, so she let his arm go. Allowing him to leave the rooftop and leaving her all alone.

It wasn't anyone else's fault. It was hers.

Slowly she walked to the edge of the rooftop, looking down at the other students on their break as they were separated into their own groups with their friends.

(Y/N) wished she had another life.