Match

Sebastian is watching my friend and he looks like he could kill at that moment. While El is sitting on the ground, trace with food on her lap and she's about to cry. I wonder why, weather it's because of the beautiful dress her brother brought her from Paris, or because she just flipped her trace all over Sebastian. Maybe both.

"Can't you watch where you're going?" he yells all of sudden, all people who haven't been watching us till now are joining. Some of them are even filming!

"I-I-I'm s-sorry. I'll definitely pay for that shirt," Ellie is literally blabbering and she has no far to go for tears.

"As if you had enough money for it!"

"C'mon Sebastian," Eric - our hero - enters the argument. "She apologised and she definitely didn't mean to do that, so do not talk with her that way."

"Exactly! She apologised so bear with it!" That is Emil.

"Bear with it?! Do you know how expensive this shirt was? It's the only one in the world!"

"And why would you wear something that precious to school?" This is the moment I finally enter the situation, still standing up from my place. I hoped there will be no need for me to interfere, since I'm trying to keep a low profile, but I guess that won't be possible.

"No one cares how much that shirt cost, if it was that precious you would not wear it to school, where incidents like this happen all the time. She apologised so take the easy way and leave."

"Leave?" Whole I4 is shocked. They are not used to anyone talking back to them, especially rudely.

"Alright, than it's the hard way. Ellie was walking backwards, so she couldn't see you, but you saw her getting up and yet, you walked stright to her, causing this whole mess. So you should be the one apologising. But we'll just leave it at that, so leave." God! His glare is giving me goosebumps!

"Who the hell do you think you are?!"

"Why? Because I have my own opinion?" I ask and roll my eyes.

"You're crossing the line."

"Really?"

"You should apologise!" That was Joel.

"For truth? Never." I cross arms on my chest. "You are not better than I am and I said nothing but truth. So no thanks." I sit back and continue eating. I am determined to continue eating, no matter how uncomfortable is his glare making me feel.

I take a spoonful of potatoes and suddenly there's a head next to my ear. "A-PO-LO-GI-SE!" I calmly eat my bite and drink a bit of water afterwards and then, finally, I turn to face him. His face is quite close to mine. Way too much. I stand up and make the gap bigger. Much better.

"And how about this, I've heard you're good at basketball."

"Good? You will not find anyone better in this school."

"Whatever. So let's play. One on one. If you win, I will apologise. If I win, you apologise to Ellie and me." Everyone including my friends is shocked by this idea. Everyone knows, that Sebastian is the best one in basketball. Naturally everyone thinks that art student doesn't stand a chance. No one knows my father used to be professional player and when he got hurt, he was training teams. And me. And let's be honest, I got my father's talent, not height, but talent for sports, speed, punctuality and I'm competitive.

"I'm not playing with someone who's not opponent to me."

"So you're scared. Good that's taken as defeat. Where's our apology?" He's watching me for a while, but nods in the end.