Screw Cheerleaders

My pencil is running on paper, leaving gentle lines. I'm sitting behind my desk in a comfortable position, drawing my classmate, who was assigned to me. I'm trying to concrete not to make his nose crooked. To think of it, I don't even know his name.

Bell signalling break rang and suddenly the hallway becomes crowded and extremely loud place. Everyone is trying to get out quickly, some rushing for lunch some just trying to get away from teachers.

Only our class stays put. We are definitely not nerds, but the moment one person moves, all hard work is destroyed. So we aren't making it hard for each other and just quietly continue to work. We'll just go for lunch hour later. Who cares?

I'd like to announce, that my art class is, thanks God, completely uninterested in school happenings. I get no side looks or "secret" whispers about my lost game yesterday.
Unfortunately, that's the end of the good news. Cause this class is probably the only place in entire school without side looks.

Apparently, fact that I ended only one point behind means nothing. How surprising.
Even school online side talked about Sebastian's great victory. Gosh I hate this school!

Another lesson is over. I quickly pack my things and head out, knowing my friends are waiting and probably saving a place for me. Unless someone snatched away my chair. It wouldn't be the first time though.

As I walk through the hallway, I get several side looks and I hear people whisper. But I ignore it successfully and get to the canteen.

E-trio is already sitting around a table and look! My chair is still there! I quickly take my lunch - it's a suspiciously looking sauce with rice, it looks like food from yesterday and the day before! Our school's motto should be:

Food is not a waste,
It always can have great taste!

Except for the fact that it does not have great taste. It most of the time doesn't have a taste at all.

I sit next to Ellie. A few people see me and they are obviously starting conversation right away. Eric gives me small smile.

"Do they not have their own lives, that they have to gossip about mine?" Saying it out loud after a whole day is such a relief!

"Sid, you know, he came to apologise to me this morning."

"What?" Me, Eric and Emil yell at the same time, completely surprised.

"Yeah, he came to me, saying, that he's sorry for destroying my dress and that he tried to blame it on me." All three of us are staring at our friend, as if horns just grew from her forehead. I can't believe Sebastian would actually apologise. Judging from the way boys are watching El, they can neither.

I turn my head to look at him and catch him watching me from across the room. He nods and smiles at me. What the heck? I roll my eyes and turn back to my food.

Our conversation is about everything and anything at the same time. We laugh and my friends are trying to keep my attention away from all those whispers.

The way our food looks today, made us reconsider if we want to eat it, so we are just jumbling the sauce, trying to figure out, what is that green, slimy and gross-looking thing, we found in Emil's food.

Suddenly, someone hits me from behind. Whoever it is, his drink is now behind my T-shirt, making me completely soaked. Shock makes me jump up from my chair to face - why am I not surprised? - Ashlyn. Well face to face is incorrect, since she's got almost 180 cm.