two

I felt as though I'd seen heaven. His eyes were like pools of honey that I wanted to dive into.  My heart rate increased. His eyes were beautiful. I knew he was my mate. I never understood the mate bond til now. I've always thought it was just the bond telling you were meant to be, but looking into his eyes, I understood. 

     "Mate," I heard him mutter. Him talking to me had awaken me from my trance. Wordlessly, I looked down at him, then to the forest. Maybe I could still run. Although his eyes and words were tempting me to come down and greet him like mates usually do, I'd always planned how this scenario with my mate would go in my head. And it'd end in me running. 

     "What's your name?" He asked me quietly, as if he was actually curious. The gentleness in his voice made me want to give in. 

      "What's yours?" I asked. 

     "Elijah," He said calmly. Elijah Anderson. A name I've heard. Not as famous as mine, of course, but a man known for his intelligence. 

     "An Alpha?" I ask, already knowing that answer.

     "Yes, and you?" He asked about me. I wanted him to know my name, to scare him off, so I could live out the rest of my year and execute my plan of dying. But my heart wouldn't let me speak, stupid mate-bond. So I chose not to reply. Running is easier. But my feet wouldn't move everytime I gave it a thought. So my final decision was to stay in this tree.

     It took all of my strength to lie back down on the branch of the tree, back facing towards the ground.

     "She's kind of," Cal looked for a word, "Strange."

     Jer snickered slightly, but there wasn't a word from Elijah. 

      "So, what do you want?" I asked, not really sure how to act or what to do to break the silence.

     "You."

     "What do you want with me?" 

     "Do you really want an answer to that?" Asked Elijah smirkily.

     I knew how this story played out. How it did with most girls from my old pack, your mate was to go with you and stay with you and live out the rest of your lives together. Right? So I hopped off the tree, effortlessly onto the ground. They were all a lot taller than I was. I haven't checked my height since I was about ten years old, but I did feel a lot taller since then. 

     They all stared at me, so I decided to take it upon myself to walk back wherever their territory was. Invited or not, while I'm still unknown, I might as well take advantage of it for a day. Maybe tomorrow, then they can kick me out once I tell them my name and they figure out my past or whatever. 

     I walked a couple feet before starting to strip so I could turn into my wolf form, since it would take less time. 

     "What are you doing!" Yelled Elijah.

     "What does it look like?" I ask sarcastically. 

     "In front of everyone?" He asks, like I had no mannerisms. 

     "Yeah, why not?" I asked. 

     "I don't want them looking."

     "If they look that's on them, not me," I said, and continued to strip til I shifted into my brown wolf, with similar brown eyes. I picked up my clothes with my mouth and started to run off. I could hear clothes ripping and heavy paws chasing after me. After running through miles of pine trees and forest, the view of a very large house started to come into view. The sun was setting and the lights had shown brighter, letting me see after I shifted back and put on my clothes. I had entered new territory and everything was different. The scents were all different, I felt as if I didn't belong. Which I didn't, but it left me feeling uneasy. I decided to walk in the house. The other wolves were a couple miles behind me, they were quite slow.

     I made my way up a small slope the house was sitting on. The house was white and a deep yellow on the outside. It had various balconies and doors, hinting at many different floors and rooms. There were two very large doors in the center of the house, connected to a porch of marble. I walked up two small steps to the porch and opened one of the large, heavy doors. I walked into the house, it was dimly lit. There was a huge kitchen, with a small bar table and a huge dining table. There were windows everywhere, curtains draping around them. It was a cozy kitchen. Dark wood floors, the countertops were also marble, and the fridge was three times the size of a normal one. I felt small compared to this ginormous house. On the opposite side of the kitchen, there was another entryway that seemed to have more lights in it. I followed it to the next room. A room with multiple bean bags, couches, pillows, tapestries, and more. A huge TV was centered in all of the decoration. I smelt different scents everywhere, multiple people probably lived here. 

     Gaining my senses again, I figured it'd be best if I'd wait for one of the boys. It wouldn't be wise to be wandering around somewhere where I could be recognized. So, I found my way back to the kitchen, and waited for a couple minutes, my eyes grazing the fridge with desire. Finally, after convincing myself to not go scavenging for food in the large fridge, the door creaked open.

     "Y'know," Cal gasped between breaths, "You may not," He bent over and put his hand on his knees trying to regain control of his heart, "look strong, but you're pretty fast there."

     I nodded, smiling smally, my eyes immediately searching for Elijah. Jer came in, looking tired, and then Elijah. He didn't look tired as the other two, but he looked mad.

     "Girl, how did you get here so fast?" Questioned Jer sassily looking me up and down. 

     "Why are you so slow?" I questioned, to which Jer just waved his hand at me like he was brushing away the comment. 

      "I am starvin'," Jer said, walking around the barstool counter to the giant fridge, opening it up with ease, "Hey Girl? You want some leftover pizza?" Jer asked me.

      "Okay," I said, I hadn't eaten pizza in years. 

     "Elijah, you want?" Jer asked. Elijah grunted and just sat at one of the barstools. Maybe I was mistaken. Maybe he was going to reject me, he hasn't barley said a word since we got back. So then I decided, I was going to tell him my name tomorrow, I don't even know if I'm welcome now.

     Jer tossed me a piece of cold pizza, which had pineapple and bacon on it. I bit into it, the sweetness of the pineapple filled my mouth and it was the best and most seasoned thing that I had in years. I finished quicker than Elijah or Jer. 

     "So, Girl, what is your name?" Asked Jer. I just shrugged. Elijah just looked at me, like he was tired of me already. 

     "Well, I'm Jeremy," He said, sassily bring his hand over his chest, "That's Calvin," he pointed to where Calvin was standing in the kitchen, "And you are?" 

     I shrugged again.

     "What? You got something to hide?" He asked teasingly, I just laughed in response.