five

I woke up from a dreamless sleep. I checked the small clock on one of the bedside tables. It read '9:00 pm' in small red letters. My stomach growled as I lifted myself from the bed. I decided to head back in the closet, which was very limited in clothing, but found a loose and sheer red shirt, and some white shorts. The closet had different sets of clothes for men and women, and it made me wonder if they stocked all of their closets this thoroughly. 

     I had found a small white tank top to go under the see-through red shirt, and put on the shorts as well. After getting dressed, I found my way back down to the kitchen. It was empty, and there were only a couple of lights and candles still lighting the room. I walked over to the fridge, looking for something small that I could eat. I spotted some strawberries near the back of the fridge and took them out, then washing them and putting them in a bowl I found in the cupboards. I brought them to the countertop and sat down on one of the barstools and started to eat them

     I finished eating them, and headed back upstairs. The halls were dimly lit, but still bright enough to see down. I decided to explore, since I had no entertainment walking in this place. I only promised to stay til tomorrow anyway, so the boredom wouldn't last long. I wandered down the hallway of the second floor til I reached the end. The hallway was just a long hallway lined with doors, which I was assuming that hey are just rooms since the doors were all shut and looked the same. I went back to the entrance of the hallway, near my room and went back to the four story-staircase and made my way to the third floor. This floor had rooms with double doors, and more than one hallway. Once I made sure that the first hallway was all filled with just the same similar double doors, I turned left and made my way down the second hallway.

     Only to my disappointment, the second hallway was just filled with the same double doors. But at the end of hallway, I could spot one of the sets of doors was open. I made my way down the hallway, somewhat suspicious that from all these doors, only one was open. 

     When I finally made my way the end close to the door, I began hearing music. It wasn't creepy music, like the one that would start playing in horror movies as someone was wandering around an empty house, but pretty music. I glanced in the well lit room, watching the back of someone as their fingers pranced around the keys of a big black piano that was sitting in the center of the room, before they stopped. 

     "Mate," said the low voice of my mate. 

     "You play very well," I told him, not wanting to start an argument. He nodded at me, smiling a bit.

     "I've always wanted to learn, I never got the chance to at my old pack," I continued, almost rambling. Which I never do.

     "Well, with what I know from your pack, you guys probably never focused on such things as music." I nodded in agreement.

     "I can explain to you what happened seven years ago," I said hesitantly, "But can we both agree on, before I continue, that- " I breathed, "that I did kill five hundred and four people, and that I chose to do so, and those actions won't be excused."

     He paused, "So you want me to consider you a killer, even after you explain to me what happened?" He asked, almost smiling. 

      "Well," I paused as I considered his question, "Yeah," 

      "Fair enough," He said, still smiling, and then getting up from the piano seat and waltzing towards the couch, "Come sit," he motioned towards me. I got up and walked towards the couches he was beckoning towards. He went behind one small red sofa and picked up a record for his record player. Then music started in the room again.