--> Twelve <--

*Miami's pov*
-Friday, September 18, 6:56 PM-

My eyes widened and I froze in horror at the sound of Claudine's voice behind Edward and I. She saw us.

"Miami, come here, I found cute shoes to match my dress," she said in an excited voice and I turned to see that she was looking through other racks, totally oblivious to Edward and I.

I let out a small sigh, "I'll be right there, boo." I turned back to Edward, his face frowning. "I'm sorry, we will have to spend time together some other time. Until then..." I pressed a quick kiss to his lips before I turned and went over to Claudine. "Hey, sorry, I saw a cute bag."

That's fine, look!" She grinned excitedly as she held up black boots to go with her dress. I wasn't big on fashion, but it seemed like her and I liked it. "What do you think?"

"I think you'll make your mate jealous with all the males looking at you in it," I told her, giving her a wink.

She rolled her eyes, blushing at me. "Well, what did you pick out?" She glanced down at my hands, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Oh, um, I'm going to come back and get something this week, I found nothing quite my style," I told her, giving her a small smile. I could tell she was going to object to what I had said, so I instead grabbed the shoes from her grasp and walked to the register, where Hailey was holding the blue dress. "Now, here," I gave her the boots.

"Good choice," she squealed out, a permanent smile on her face. "Hopefully I'll see you two at the Family Night on Friday. Jace is seeing if I can come to be with him."

"That would be cool," Claudine said, nodding. "Well, it was great seeing you Hailey, hope we see each other soon." Claudine said as she grabbed her bags.

"You too! Bye!" Hailey called after us as we exited the building.

"She was nice," Claudine said, before she began babbling about the dance. I just listened in, liking that I didn't have to talk much.

After several minutes of her talking about her family coming and how excited she was, we made it upon our room. I opened the door for her, not that surprised to see the Sisters in there as well.

"Hey guys," Claudine said as she went into her closet to put her dress and shoes up. "What are y'all doing here?"

"We saw you walking back from town," they said in unison. "So, did anything happen? We saw Amber come out after you both." Jane said.

"Ohmigosh, yes," Claudine said, hopping onto my bed and I hopped on as well. The Sisters were on her bed. "She had the audacity to make rude comments about my boots."

"She thinks she's all that," Celest said, making a sour expression.

"Just because she had come to the Academy before," Jane finished, showing the same expression.

"Wait," Claudine and I looked at each other confused, "she had come here before?"

"Yeah," they both nodded, "she had attended last year and was accepted into the Kingdom."

"But she declined the offer and came back to the pack. I mean, who does that?" Jane asked.

I inquired the same thing, thinking the words she had told me in the store. What if she was actually warning me?

-Saturday, September 19, 1:37 PM-

I blinked my eyes open, stretching out my legs and arms. That was an amazing sleep.

'Move human, I'm hungry,' my wolf growled at me and I rolled my eyes at her, but obeyed her commands because I was quite hungry as well. I sat up and kicked my legs over the edge of my bed.

I let out a yawn, kicking on my slippers and pulling my hair into a messy bun. I didn't really care what I looked like- probably crazy with my pj's and messy hair- and walked out of my room.

I kept walking until I found myself entering the cafeteria. My stomachs growled and I licked my lips at the delicious smell of steak. I could use a rare steak right about now.

I went through the line, going straight to the steak. I got mine and made my way to a booth, sitting down before I began digging in. I haven't had a steak this good since ever.

Someone sat across from me, but I paid them no mind, focusing on the food that was in front of me. "Hey, you're Miami, right?"

I looked up seeing the ginger guy, who Grant had talked to in the guys dorms on the first day we arrived, sitting across from me. I nodded to him, still eating my steak, but at a slower pace. The knowing hunger was gone.

"I'm Cameron," he winked to me. I smiled to him, rolling my eyes.

"Don't think winking will get you anywhere," I said, turning my gaze to my plate. 'Stop talking to this filthy werewolf, human. Edward will think we are cheating.' My wolf said, but I just ignored her.

"I didn't think that at all," he leaned closer and placed his hand under my chin to tilt my head to look at him. He was literally way too close. "I was thinking my lips would get me everywhere." He replied huskily.

A loud growl roared throughout the cafeteria and him and I yanked away from each other, turning towards the entrance of the cafeteria where Edward stood. He looked ready to kill, claws elongated and his canines poking though. His eyes were a black, meaning his wolf was out. Seeing him like this scared me. He gave me a look, a 'follow me now' look before he turned and exited the room.

'Go say you're sorry, show him pleasure,' my wolf whimpered at me before I quickly stood from my seat and made my way to the exit. "Hey! Where ya going?" Cameron yelled after me.

"None of your damn business," I growled in response, following Edward's scent to see where he went. I hope to the Moon Goddess he wasn't going to kill me. He seemed angry enough to kill a my whole pack with ease.

With scent led me to his little cabin that was just next to the Academy. I didn't think to knock before entering, and I'm glad I didn't. From what I could see, the whole place was wrecked, glass along the floor, pillows and furniture ripped to threads. I frowned and followed the trail of destruction towards the back, where his bedroom was. I opened the door and was happy that he hadn't done anything in here to ruin anything. He stood looking at the bed, his back to me. His breath heaved angrily and soft growls escaped his mouth. He was nothing short of scary.

"Edward," I said quietly as I reached my hand up to touch the back of his shoulder. Shocks sent through me and I relaxed, my fear dimming inside me. I shouldn't be afraid of him. I couldn't.

With a blurry motion, I was suddenly on the bed with him over top of me. His face was set in a snarl, his canines looking reading to kill. His black eyes had speckles of blue coursing through them, showing he was regaining control. "Don't ever talk to that male again, or Miami, I swear I will fucking tear him apart." He told me, his voice deep and husky, causing a shiver to run down my spine. He was so sexy. "I hate it when you talk to other males, God it pisses me off." He brought his head down to my neck and began sucking on my exposed skin. I let out a gasp as pleasure shook my to the core. "I hate it so much; I should be the only man you ever talk to. You are mine and only mine." He growled against my neck, showering me in waves of pleasure. Gosh, what was he doing to me?

"Why are you acting like this? Why do you make me feel this way?" I whispered to him, my eyes staring into his dark blue ones.

The next words that came out of his mouth shocked me:

"Because you're my mate."