--> Seventeen <--

*Edward's Pov*

-Friday, September 25, 6:33 PM-

I entered the makeshift ballroom- which was just a big and unoccupied room in Crest Haven- and straightened my tie, looking around at the parents. The room was aloud with noise and every inch of me yearned to go somewhere else with Miami that was alone and quiet.

"My dear boy, Eddie!" I heard the cry of my mother before I saw her. I looked to my left, seeing her coming over quickly with my dad and a middle aged blonde couple. "I am oh-so happy to see you!" She wrapped me into a hug.

"Liliana, you saw the boy just two weeks ago," my father chuckled, but I hugged her back. I really had missed them. "How are you doing son?"

"I'm doing quite fine, dad, how about yourself?" I asked and mom removed herself from my arms to go into my father's.

"Never better," he said, giving me a smile. He then ushered towards the couple, who quickly bowed towards me. "Have you met the Summer's? There daughter, Amber, attended last year and is attending again last year."

"I can't say that I have," I say and turn to the couple. My wolf was just about done with all of this talking and just wanted to go back to our mate. "Hello." Their power rolled off of them in waves and I can say I was impressed. They were both Alpha and the male had the power to read minds while the female had the power to turn invisible. Both very unique powers. And, Amber could see the future. The Goddess really was looking at this family.

"Alpha King, Edward," Mr. summers said as him and her stood from their bow. "It is an honour to be here at this Family Dance in your presence."

I nodded and turned to the woman, seeing her looking at me nervously. "Sorry, King," she said quietly. "Can you excuse us? We want to go find our precious little Amber."

"Please, take care," my mother said and after they left, she turned to give em an odd look. "Weird, she seemed very afraid of you, Edward."

I just shrugged and was going to reply, but Miami's scent washed over me at the sounds of doors opening. I turned around and felt my mouth fall agape as I stared at my gorgeous mate. I wish I could just take her right now...

My wolf growled at the sight of her arm looped through another man's. Whoever he is, I am going to kill him. My mother placed a hand on my back and I felt her try to use her power to calm me, but it didn't work. That was my fucking mate, and he had his hands all over her.

"Edward, what's wrong?" I ignored my mother before I made my way towards them. Secret or not, I was NOT about to let another man steal my mate. Especially not in that dress.

Miami sensed my anger and turned to me, her smile dropping. Seeing I was coming over, and quickly, she removed herself from the grasp of the man. That did little to control my temper.

*Miami's pov*

Once I walked out of the hall from the girls dormitories, I smelt the scent of my parents and brother. I smiled happily and left the other girls in search of them. I found them outside of a door, looking all spiffied in dress clothes. "Oreo!" I squealed and threw myself into Orlando's arms. He wasn't expecting it, and stumbled backwards at the force of my weight.

"Woah, Memes," he chuckled and wrapped his arms around me. Goddess, I missed him. "Look at you. You actually look like a girl."

I gave him an eyeroll, but couldn't bring myself to retort anything back. I had missed his sense of humor. I turned to look at my parents and wrapped my arms around them next. "Omg, I missed you all so much." I had to blink constantly to not allow my tears to escape my eyes.