f o r t y s e v e n

"I'm sorry?"

"I'm sorry?"

The heart-stopping moment went on until Jisung spoke up from his silence, leaving the girl speechless by the sudden information she had to contain.

"His name was Park Jisung- This is stupid, I don't think you even remember me," Jisung muttered under his breath, mentally cursing himself for impulsively saying such things.

Saeron was left voiceless, the emotions that were tingling inside her wanted to blast yet was stuck in her throat, unable to make it's way out.

"I'm sorry Sae-" Jisung was cut off when her hands raised as it snuck their way to cup both of his cheeks, her mind still baffled as her face contorted.

Jisung jolted on his place, eyes now peering at hers, swimming in a galaxy he's been longing for and she did the same. Who knew the boy she's been dreaming about for the past few months would be him?

Now Saeron's found significance, the dream started not long after her first meeting with him- to be precise, right after that river encounter when Jisung gave her instant noodles during her emo session (what way to ruin the moment).

"Don't apologize, " Saeron said with soft, teary eyes as she took in his features. His pretty eyes, his sharp nose, his small but red lips, his slightly pale skin making it all come together as if it was meant for each other.

After years, Saeron had finally seen the resemblance of the two, making her instantly recollect his face when they last met, and that was when they're 6.

"Now that I think about it, " she began to graze her thumb on his cheek, "You do look like him."
Jisung smiled in relief, she finally recognized him.
Good for him that what he said didn't make him look stupid.

"No wonder how you looked familiar, Ji" Saeron said once again. "Cause your young face kept appearing in my dreams, " she quipped before letting out a small giggle that brought Jisung's mood levitate with so much happiness.

"I knew it was you from the start," it was now his turn to softly speak, heart eyes laid on the girl he waited for the longest, and has been yearning to tell her the truth but was too afraid to.

His words only made her tilt her head, "Oh really? Why didn't you tell me then?" Saeron playfully hit Jisung's arm, causing a faint sigh to escape his lips as he threw his arms up in the air.

"What if you think I was crazy? You clearly didn't recognize me-"
"Shut up, I just couldn't remember your name!"
"For sure."
"Jisung!"
"What?"

They held eye contact for what was suppose to be a split second, yet it felt like the time has stopped, the whole world as if it was black and white. It was like what used to be a missing puzzle piece, but now completed as long as they're with each other.

Saeron had never seen Jisung stare at one so deeply before, and he could say the same. Never in his life did he develop such feelings toward someone.