Josh - chapter 4

"Matt, stop." I warn him.

He laughs and walks off, chatting loudly with some of the other guys.

I pause and see one girl staring intently at my face. Of course, I'm used to this as I'm quite a babe magnet, if I do say so myself....

Jokes aside, this girl obviously had something on her mind. About to ask her what was wrong, I hear Coach yelling for me so just throw her a quick smile and jog off to the locker room.

*during practice*

"Josh receive!" Matt shouts to me.

We are practicing passing and recieving but my mind isn't focused on hockey today.

Every time a hockey puck comes my way all I can think about are those bright blue eyes, staring intently into my own.

God, I don't even know her name yet I can't stop thinking about her! What is wrong with me?

I've had girlfriends in the past, and there have been some serious relationships, but girls and hockey have always been separate things.

Hockey always comes first, and there haven't been any exceptions. Except now.

"JOSH RECIEVE!" Matt screams. "ITS GOING TO HIT YOU!"

I stand there, in a daze, seeing but not focusing on the puck as it comes closer and closer....

Woah, I think. That could go through the gap between the peak of my helmet and the metal cage in front of my face.

I don't think for a second that might actually happen.

Until it did.