𝖔𝖓𝖊

As the crimson of the blood slid down her chin, Arabella Chambers thought of the immortal life she lived

As the crimson of the blood slid down her chin, Arabella Chambers thought of the immortal life she lived. Which seemed to be the only thing she ever thought about these past 500+ years. The never-ending cycle of deer and bunny. Yes, immortality is fun for a few hundred years, but when one has lived as long as Arabella, the only pleasure is the taste of sweet blood as it slides down your throat, as one would do with water.

But animal blood was not at all same as the human blood she once had.

How she had killed and murdered towns and cities of humans for that sweet blood. Transitioned from having her humanity to losing it the second someone had double-crossed her.

But monsters like her aren't born - they're created. The truth was, every monster was once a human soul that was as soft and light as silk. The silk was taken from them and turned into the devil they are.

Arabella wasn't born a blood-thirsty devil - she was turned.

The silvery moonlight cast a shadow through the trees as Arabella stepped through the moss in an almost angelic way. It was times like these when the Earth tried to transform her from a murderer to... who she was before.

It casted an ethereal glow upon her, the light shining on her ink black hair and making her grey eyes twinkle.

Stars shone like sugar split over a black surface, each one filled with secrets. The night sky was such a beautiful but awful sight, reminding Arabella the end of a day and how she was still alive. But she couldn't deny how stunning it was.

But as beautiful as it was, the night was meant for sleep. And Arabella did not sleep, the thought of perpetuity opening itself into her mind as soon as she shut her eyes. Arabella wanted to die. One would cherish to live as long as they could - still looking young - but Arabella feared immortality. In all honesty, the girl wasn't so sure how she had survived 1092 years on this excuse of a planet.

She had travelled to every inch of the Earth, every country, every continent. She could speak every language, cast almost every spell. She had sucked the blood from every type of being — let it be man, woman, animal. Nothing was enough. Nothing was ever enough. The only thing she truly sought was death — the only thing she could not have. She had tried killing herself every possible way known to mankind. And yet, she was still here, roaming the Earth, doing the Devil's bidding.

The Sun had been kind enough to Arabella, so she often thanked her. But her power was never enough either. The Sun had tried to kill her many times, but all she did was cause immense pain onto the girl's skin, a torture she would rather not put herself through. This had caused Arabella to seek solace in the moon, but the moon was just... boring. Like everything in the world, so she didn't really blame it. Arabella had then decided to seek out the Sun, but again, the pain had been too much. So, she had crafted a ring, a magical ring. An object which allowed her to walk underneath the Sun's gaze without getting fried, so long as she wore it.