13

"I should be Chancellor!" yelled Amaterasu.

"Under which pretense?" demanded Laran, "we all know you have no love for those other than the fully Magical..."

"You only care for them because they fight well," snapped Amaterasu.

"This is all foolish," said Amytis, "I am clearly with the older Ancienthome, therefore I should be Chancellor..."

"Nephthys is daughter of the Queen, she should be Chancellor!"

Freyja and Fairouza were silent as this went on, Tetu and Oyá flanked them and the four had nearly identical expressions on their faces. This was an issue that had been going on for weeks if not months now, every time they tried to agree on who should head the Magical Council there was a fight and egos came into play.

Laran slammed his fist down causing the very table to shake, "My brother Woden would be the best Chancellor."

"We have not seen old One-Eye in centuries," said Ettu dryly.

"Is it the pregnancy or is this getting less and less tolerable every time we sit here?" asked Fairouza.

"No, it's growing less tolerable to watch these old people squabble like children," said Freyja.

"This is shameful to our people," said Tetu.

"You are the father of Magic, do something," said Oyá.

"A title I never asked for," he muttered.

"Bran is enjoying this too much," whispered Freyja, Bran was running between the other Ancients, seemingly egging them on.

"I know your lover is a trickster," said Fairouza, "but can't he be controlled?"

"History says, no," said Tetu.

Fairouza frowned and they watched the shameful display before them, the pure chaos exhausted them. Fairouza got up and Freyja, Tetu, and Oyá watched warily as she rummaged through a trunk, they found her take a mace out and she hefted it in her hands for a moment. She walked to the table again and Freyja looked at her, "Fairouza, what are you doing?"

"I grow tired of this nonsense every time we sit here to determine who should lead and now we have Sibyl threatening to unleash her Nymph powers – Tetu help me up –"

"Rethink –"

"Tetu," she said, her voice dangerously low, "help...me...up."

He obeyed and she lifted the mace before dropping on the desk with magically amplified force, the table let out a loud resonating 'THUNK' and it cracked beneath her feet, they all fell silent and she waved her hand to Tetu who offered his hand to help her down. "I see that once again we are failing to come to terms on who should lead the Magical Council," she said.

"You are an insolent child," said Amaterasu.

"Perhaps, but I am not the one squabbling over power," she sighed, "we tried to resolve this between us to find someone who might suitable for –"

"Fairouza you know that it is I that should lead!" said Sibyl.

"If we go down this squabbly road once more I will leave and never return to these chambers," she said, "my tolerance grows ever lower for watching a group of Ancients fight like children over a temporary position..."

"Temporary?" demanded Amytis.

"The whole point of the Council is for it to be different than the Ancienthomes, it is not to be ruled by the same person for centuries – only for a couple of years..."