16

November 15, 1920.

It has been five years since the Battle of Lake Khidir, an event now only recognized by the Magical Council now finally and firmly established. Since many of the fallen in the battle were Non-Magical soldiers the League of Nation now asks for sanctions to be set upon the Magical, I suspect the powers of the Nymphs when unleashed seems to be a true and terrible threat, I do not blame them. Though they are newly formed they seemed to be moving much more efficiently than the Magical Council has. We are expected to appear before the League of Nations in Geneva, though Oyá knows of what to expect she does not tell me. I suspect we will be expected to officially relinquish our titles, something I am not too saddened by, if it means we may have peace then so be it. The world is exhausted, now we must heal.

She stood in her the room as she prepared for the trial, she donned a dress she had made herself after the latest fashion but had adapted it to suit her Hijab. The door opened and in walked Fatima, "Do I have to stay with Douma?" she demanded and threw herself on her parent's bed.

Nearly six Fatima was starting to show having quite a strong personality they were proud of; she was smart and learned things quickly.

"I would much rather play games with you, Timtam," she responded.

Fatima sighed dramatically, "Well, then, Mama – stay..."

Fairouza chuckled and settled on the bed beside her, "Ok, I'll stay."

"Really?"

Fairouza smiled and studied her daughter; it was strange how she was perfectly both her and Stephen, it was now more evident as she got older. None of Fairouza's siblings looked even remotely like their mother, and Freyja looked nothing like her mother so she had assumed that her child would look exactly like Stephen – but there she was, with her father's blue eyes, Fairouza's nose, and the same cheeky grin Stephen would offer when he knew he was getting his way.

"What's this?" demanded Stephen.

"Don't go," said Fatima.

"That is, unfortunately, an impossible thing," he told her and pulled Fairouza up to her feet.

"I mean she does have a point," Fairouza said.

"Why do you have to go?" said Fatima as she flailed her arms and legs dramatically.

Stephen chuckled and sat down as he pulled his daughter into a tight hug, "Do you know how you ask for stories about the Dragonfly queen?" he asked.

"Yes," she responded with a pout on her face.

"And you always wonder why I never have an ending?"

"Yes..."

"Well, today we're going to find out if the ending is happy or not..."

"As far as I'm concerned, it is a happy ending," said Fairouza.

Stephen winked, "That is why we have to go," he set her down and stood up, "now we will ask you about your studies for the day..." he warned.

Shuffling her feet Fatima nodded, Fairouza crouched down, "Might I have a kiss before we leave?" she asked.

The child launched herself at her mother and planted a kiss on her cheek, "Thank you, now I know I will have a good day," she smiled and she stood up.

She left the room ahead of them and the pair followed, Bran and Freyja were waiting, "Everyone's leaving!" said Fatima loudly.

"Don't be so dramatic," said Douma.