Clint

One year since Ultron

I was finally able to get back to work with the help of a full time nanny courtesy of Fury. I still sensed that there was something off. I noticed that people kept side eyeing me, like they knew something that I didn't, which I know they did, and not just because this was SHIELD. It was the thing Nat was keeping from me.

"I need to speak to Fury, now." I demand from Hill.

"He's busy." She deadpans, pretty much ignoring me.

"I wasn't asking if he was busy, I was saying that I need to talk to him." I state, grabbing her arm, stopping her from walking away.

"Barton--"

"Lay off Hill, I'll take it from here." I heard Fury's voice from behind me.

"Yes sir." She says then walks off. 

"Now why do you need to talk to me?" Fury asked once Hill walked away.

"I think you know why." I stated and he gives me a look. I sigh. "The looks everyone has been giving me. And don't say that the are looks of sympathy because I know what sympathy looks like, and those looks aren't sympathy. They no something and also don't say it's not of my level, because Romanoff knows."

Fury sighs, turning his body to look fully at me.

"You won't be happy." He stated. 

"Why won't I be happy?" I ask. Fury stays silent. So I ask again, a bit louder. "Why won't I be happy?"

"It's the kid." Fury stated. "We took him to Dr. Cho, he was still alive then."

"Was?" Clint asked, starting to fume as he started to piece together what Fury was saying.

"He died on the way to her operating table, but she was able to get him back." Fury stated. "He was under for six months. In that time, we got the bullets out and used her technology for skin cell regeneration to help his body heal. He then woke up at the end of those six months, and do you know what he did? He ran to your house. We don't know how he knew about your house."

"Did Stark put you up to that?" I ask before processing everything. "Wait, he went to my house?"

"He did go to your house, and Stark didn't put us up to it. We merely heard his suggestion, and acted upon it." Fury stated.

"So I did see him." I say, thinking back.

"You saw him?" Fury asked. "You weren't supposed to see him."

"I didn't want to believe that it was him, I thought that it was a phantom or something." I tell him.

"Do you want to see him?" Fury asks and I look him in the eye. "He's been asking for you."