Chapter 33

Adrian pov

"Mom"

I whispered as I saw the person in the room. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me in confusion. I moved slowly towards her. I kneeled down to her and tried to touch her. But she flinched moving back.

My heart squeezed seeing her like this.

"Mom. It's me" I said. She looked at my face and then my eyes. She lifted her hand and touched my cheek.

"Adrian" she whispered.

"Yes mom. It's me Adrian, your son" I said happily as tear fell from my eye. Her eyes started tearing up. She lifted her other hand touched my face and moved down to my arms smiling.

"Oh God. My Adrian is here" she said hugging me. I hugged her back crying.

My mom is alive.

She pulled away suddenly and looked alarmed.

"They are coming hide" she said. I looked around and went behind the dresser. I hid myself as much I can in corner as the dresser was placed across the wall. In few seconds I heard a door open.

"Did someone come here" I heard Veronica voice. I heard nothing. Then I heard a slap. I closed my eyes tightly as I know who she hit.

"I asked you bitch" Veronica asked again.

"How can I know" my mom said.

"Search" Veronica said. I heard footsteps around the room. My heart beating was raising. I heard the dresser door open and close. Then I heard the door close. I waited for few seconds.

"You can come now" I heard mom voice along with chains sound. I came out and looked at mom. She has stood up and was walking towards me. She was wearing toren pant and shirt. She had marks on her arms and legs. Her face as a hand print.

"Mom" I cried as I see her condition. She has become weak and thin. She came infront of me and caressed my head looking up at me.

"You have become so tall" she said smiling as she roamed her hands on my shoulder.

"You look same as my Anthony" I hugged her as I cried. She is here, she is not dead.

"Shush it's okay" I pulled away and held her face in my hands.

"You are here. We thought you were dead. How?" I asked looking at her. She wiped my tears.

"That night after I ran away. Someone tried to kill me in a car. But avoiding that I hit a tree and fell unconscious. When I woke up I was here in this room tied with this" she lifted her hands.

"Did Candice and Veronica do it. Dad didn't do anything that night mom. He...." she interrupted me.

"I know. I know everything. That night was not how they actually planned. They thought to kill Aaron in that accident, but I got in. So they took me, hiding me in here and changed their plan. Is everything okay. How is Anthony and Aaron" she asked.

"They are not good mom. They have planned something. Candice informed about you to your family" she went stiff. I told her what I heard in the room. What Candice did?

"He knew where was I all this time" I nod my head.

"I think he will go after dad now. We should get out of here as quickly as possible" I said looking around. There were only walls nothing than that. And they have put the chains.

"How did you live here mom. We are so sorry we didn't search for you" I said looking at her.

"None of that matters now. You are here. But I think we can't go. I have been chained here since they caged me. I think you should go. If someone sees you they will do something to you" she said looking scared.