【Chapter 33】

୨⎯ " Hello, everyone! Today I just wanted to give a little shout-out to @Shannonie_Chan for liking my books. Though, to be more frank, I do have another reason. I wanted to promote her Seven Deadly Sins book, The Forgotten Archangel! It's really good, I promise! To be honest, the thing that I like more about it is how cute it looks! That's all, bye! ヽ(' ∇' )ノ" ⎯୧

❝ 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Inside the beautifully luscious woods were most of the Seven Deadly Sins, prepared for battle. All of them had their sacred treasures securely held in their hands in case if this supposed "witch" came to defend her territory. 

"Tsk, this witch better have what we're looking for or else I'll make sure to make her death slow and painful." Ban growled as he stepped over a root of a tree that protruded from the ground, clenching his Holy Staff Courechouse tightly. "You're really desperate, aren't you?" Meliodas snickered as he was in front of the group leading the way. 

Ban looked down at his captain and scowled. "You're no different, captain." Ban shot back as Meliodas only shrugged. "True, but at least I'm more patient." Bending his head down as to not get his by a branch Ban frowned, "You just knocked down a tree since we still weren't in the woods yet." Meliodas laughed as he quickly stopped. 

"Well, that doesn't matter anymore, we're here." Gowther announced exciting the group. "Where?!" Elizabeth yelled, running in front of the group only to be held back by Meliodas. "Looked what's in front of you, idiot." Meliodas scolded and pushed Elizabeth away as he looked down at the murky river, dead fish floating around as Elizabeth and the others covered their noses, disgust being shown clearly on their expressions. 

"To be honest, I was expecting something more mystical." Little Diane commented through, her voice being muffled by her hand due to trying not to puke. "Same here." Escanor swallowed the rising vomit and looked away from the river. "It smells horrible!" Ban exclaimed, gagging. 

"Captain, I think we should go back to the Boar Hat to get something to cover up our noses." Diane suggested, looking over at her captain only to see him in a trance while his eyes were set on the murky river, a content smile on his face. "Captain?" Diane said his name again, walking closer to him as she touched his shoulder only for him to give no response. 

"(Y/N)..." Meliodas sighed dreamily as he began to walk inside the murky river, the fast current brushing by him at first only for it to quickly pick him up. "Sir Meliodas!" Elizabeth yelled in worry as she grabbed his arm only for her to also be picked up by the fast current. "Elizabeth!" Diane yelled her name and grabbed her shirt only for the cloth to rip making Diane fall to the ground.