UPDATE! SORRY FOR BEING ABSENT

i have not opened my laptop probably since i updated last. 
i KNOW how disappointing it is when you get a notification that a fic you're reading updated and it's just an author update LOL, its happened to me many many times so i'm so sorry for that but i wanted to get on here and just let yall know what's up! 

last time i updated, i was in IOP (intensive outpatient) rehab, which honestly did not do much for me. i didn't feel i was being held accountable for staying sober. 
it was through Zoom so i was like "how are they gonna know? they cant smell my breath" 
so during that program, i relapsed several times. after i "completed" the program, i sunk to the lowest depths of rock bottom. i was definitely at my lowest point. 
until that switch flipped in my head that told me, "hey you can't drink anymore. you cannot drink ever ever again. it's time to stop." 
and you know what? i'm totally okay with that now. i don't miss it. i don't crave it. 
i've been truly sober for 4 months. 125 days exactly today.  
October 21st, 2021 at exactly 5:59PM, is the exact date and time that i chose to get sober and stay sober. 
on top of battling alcoholism, i developed blood clots in both of my lungs which strained my heart and caused me a 3 days stay in the hospital. at that point i was still drinking heavily.
even after i got the clots, i still drank. which ended with me going back to the hospital for the same reason about a month after my first stay. 
but i've been on top of taking my medication for it, as well as my antidepressants.
i got really incredible insurance too! i can see a pulmonologist, i can get my medicine for cheaper. it's just really awesome and i've been doing so wonderfully these past 4 months and i'm still trying to focus on myself, and trying to deal with my personal trauma and my medical bullshit too. 
but i've never been someone who starts something and just doesn't finish it. 
i'm going to keep writing for this, i can't lie and say it will be soon, but it will happen eventually.

thank you all so much for being so patient, supportive and kind. 
i came back to over 200 notifications all for this story.. THATS INSANE! so thank yall again. 

stay tuned! 

Sincerely, Sebastian. <3