02: OFFER

02: OFFER
***
R O S É

"Marry me."

I stiffened on my sit infront of Mr. Park's desk when I heard his words. I looked at his face and saw nothing but seriousness.

"Excuse me?" I raised my brow at him.

Did I heard him right or am I hearing things?

"Name your price." Mr. Park leaned his back on his swivel chair, staring at me reluctantly.

"Excuse me Mr. Park but I am not here to offer myself to be your wife." I tried to calmly explain. "I am here to ask for your help to clear my name and the misunderstandings on the media about me being your wife and the mother of your child--"

"Why make it a misunderstanding if we can make the news a reality?"

Is he serious?!

My head is still aching because of my hangover last night. This just adds on the reasons why I regret going inside this building only to see my ex kissing his new girl! And now I am right here infront of my ex's Boss who is proposing to me at our very first meeting?!

I stood up, clearly not buying Mr. Park Chanyeol's proposal.

I may look average because of my poor fashion sense but I am a highly respected Doctor. I will not sell myself to him and be his wife for whatever reason he has in mind.

"Ten Million Dollars." He said just when I took my first step.

I scoffed, offended that he is pushing me to my limits. Do I look like a person that is craving money?

"Fine." He heave a sigh. "Twenty Million."

I clenched my fist. Debating if I should turn my back and walk away or punch Mr. Park on the face to teach him a lesson for his arrogance and conceitedness. He really think he could buy his way!

Good thing Secretary Kim Kai left with Gunhoo to give us privacy in this meeting or Mr. Park would surely give a bad example for the cute little kid.

"I'll pay you thrice the price. How about thirty million?"

I finally decided to turn around to meet his eyes. Both of our eyes are determined, clashing against each other's. He is pretty competitive for being able to have a staring competition against me but unfortunately for him, I am not one to back down.

"Clean my name Mr. Park. I am not your wife and I will never be."

I said that with full conviction as I am the first one to avoid his gaze because even if I hate to admit it, his dark raven eyes held power. His intense challenging gaze sent shiver down my spine to the point that it made me back away.

"Gunhoo needs you."

That made me stop on my track to leave his office. His mention of his son's name managed to thug my heart.

The poor baby doesn't have a mom to take care of him and is only left to be with a strict father like Mr. Park. I can't help but feel pity and stay to hear about the kid. I am a child psychologist and that's because I have soft spot for children.

And Gunhoo happens to be the cutest kid I ever saw.

"I know you are a Doctor specialized in taking care of children, Dr. Park Rosé. And I have a feeling you already made a diagnosis for Gunhoo."

I bit my lower lip, but the words still escaped my mouth. "He have disruptive behavior disorders and severe loneliness that caused him to hallucinate me as his mother."