Traitor

Hey guys! so I tried writing something new and this is my first time writing like this I hope you like it and feel free to tell me about any improvements.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brown guilty eyes and little white lies Yeah, I played dumb but I always knew    
That you'd talk to her, maybe did even worse I kept quiet so I could keep you

It's been four weeks since we broke up, and if we were still together, today would have been our 11-month anniversary. I was getting ready for a party hosted by one of my friends to celebrate the launch of their new brand, but the difficult part was that I knew he would be there because he was also a friend of theirs. Funny I introduced him, my eyes were still red and puffy from crying, and I looked like a mess, but I guess makeup helped cover it up, and maybe I looked a little more presentable.

 I knew that he will be there with her which made the pain worse, Sarah. 

She was Noah's friend, but I didn't think much of it because I trusted him and what was wrong with having friends, but a few weeks ago I started noticing how he always texted her and started wanting to spend less time with me and hang out with her instead, but I ignored it because they were also working on a series for Brad TV on YouTube and needed to practice for it, so I didn't think much about it and let it slip but still there was a pinch inside but I didn't want to confront it with him cause I didn't want any misunderstandings and didn't want to come off as a jealous clingy girlfriend so I simply passed over so I could have you.

And ain't it funny How you ran to her, The second that we called it quits?                                         
And ain't it funny How you said you were friends? Now it sure as hell don't look like it

I recall being overjoyed to see him after a week away on holiday with his hometown friends. I had even cooked dinner and prepared a whole damn date in my living room.

Opening the door, I embraced him tightly in my arms but backed away after a moment when I didn't feel the same warmth back. Looking at his face, I saw a worried expression with a tint of guilt and fear in his eyes. I was concerned but let him in, and after a few minutes of silence, he told me how he wanted to break up with me because it was too much for him to handle and he wanted to focus on himself and his carrier and mental health as soon as he told me my heart fell to my stomach and unwanted tears streamed down my eyes, I was shattered. Was I a burden? I attempted to convince him that we could work together, but he refused. I even inquired if there was a new girl, but the way he denied it made it seem true that no one was there, and with that, he left me broken on my sofa. 

How could I be so stupid and naive to just give my heart away and hell how was I so blind and dumb to not notice what was the reason and how he had lied on my face about someone new when clearly it was visible. love does make you blind I guess and now I regret every bit of it cause it hurt so bad I didn't know what to do. 

After only a week, a paparazzi video of them sitting together laughing and being so close in a saddle ranch appeared online, and I was certain that no friends would do such a thing, but then a sweet memory flooded my mind of how we did the same thing and our paparazzi video went viral when we were just a couple of besties. It was the day he had said I love you in the shoot of my music video it was a dinner with my music team that night and we went together and I was being touchy with him and teasing him all night which was captured by the cameras. My face broke into a smile at the memory, which was quickly replaced by tears. It hurt bad, it really hurt, and I just cried and cried in my bed.

You betrayed me
And I know that you'll never feel sorry
For the way, I hurt, yeah
You'd talk to her
When we were together
Loved you at your worst
But that didn't matter