Chapter 1

As the sunlight fell on my face, i started to awaken from the nightmare that was my slumber. I was so dozed off that i didn't even remember who i am, non the less WHERE i am. I got out of bed, regaining memories of last night. I was at a party, i met people, drank, and probably passed out on the floor, concidering the sharp pain in my head. I slowly but surely walked to the bathroom. I washed my face and looked in the mirror. As i looked into my still hung over looking eyes, i started remembering the blurry lines of my identity.
I am Don. I go to middle school, 7th grade, disregarding the fact that i drink a lot.. I like tennis, and just sports in general. Me and my "friends" are what the teachers call "troubled kids" and "class clowns". Even tho in school and sport clubs i was loud, confident and a non-stop jerk, i really didn't represent that at home..

Not wanting to remember more depressing thoughts i quickly showered and went to the kitchen. A strange smoky smell found its way into my nose, forsing more unpleasant memories into my head. My mother. She was smoking again. My mother always smoked, weed or cigars, she did it all, but with time the addiction got worse and worse. Some days she wouldn't even be home, leaving me alone to take care of myself and my baby sister. My father never helped, since he was most of the time hooking up with other women, even bringing them home at times. Mom never bothered to care since she was more than happy at the thought of a divorse. But they stayed together, to lazy too break up.
As i walked in the kitchen that was connected to the balcony, i saw my mother, smoking. I had no desire to talk to her, but she noticed me faster than i could walk out.
- You're finaly up. - she spoke in a cold and harsh manner, almost judgy.
- You're one to talk, all night i was suffocating because of that god awful smell. - quickly replying with a lie, hoping she won't realise i was out.
She looked at me with her cold, dagger like, grey eyes, cutting thru my facade of confidence.
- "All night"..? You came back home at two in the morning, smelling like a drunken hobo. - she broke the lie instantly.
Not wanting to fight a fight I can't and won't win, I was about to turn away when I remembered my little sister, who was now in second grade.
- What about Aqua? She's only a second grader. You think it's healthy for a child to be breathing in this shit?
- Oh Don - she giggled evily - she's at her friends house, having a sleepover. There's noth-
- I DIDN'T MEAN JUST NOW. SHE'S A KID FOR GODS SAKE. SHE LIVES HERE. SHE CAN'T JUST STAY AT HER FRIENDS HOUSE EVERY TIME YOU SMOKE! - the words spilled out of my mouth like pearls off a broken necklace. I had to stop, but i didn't. - ACT LIKE A MOM FOR ONCE IN YOUR FUCKING LIFE. THIS IS GETTING FUCKING RIDICULOUS!
A cold, emotionless face was barely visable on my mothers face thru all the tears in my eyes, sneakily rising to spill out on my face.
As i turned around and walked out, the silence was broken by the dog wimpering, scared, not knowing why we're..well, I'm, screaming.

Some time later

I left the apartment, knowing full blown well i will be late for school. Why did we even have a party on a tuesday..? For a second i glanced at my apartments window. As expected, no one was there, yet, i still look there every day, hoping for some reassurence from.. i don't even know who.

I walked in the school right before second period. Phew, i missed math, that's a relief. I saw my friends, next to our lockers. As i got closer, they saw me, and from the grins on their faces, i knew what will happen next.
- Hey DONG! Did you do your homework? - they giggled and laughed.
- I would correct you, but at this point i came to expect this - i replied in a disappointed voice.
The guys stopped the joke party but didn't quit laughing. But David didn't give up so easily.
- Since when are you so tough big guy?~
Something in my heart flustered. He knew exactly what he was doing.

David is my best friend. We've been close friends for a long time now, ever since kindergarden. We grew up together, to the point where we would spend more time with eachother than our families. When my mother would be high out of her mind i would just stay at David's house, and his mother didn't think twice to ask why i stay at theirs so often. There were so many good memories with him - pranking our teacher by egging his classroom; winning a sports contest together for the best teamwork; having the first alcoholic drink together, which was some liquor we found in David's house. I never felt poor until i realised how rich David was, but that never set anything in our friendship.
But as i grew, i realised how..attractive David was getting. I know we were hitting puberty, but.. some strange feeling overcame me every time I saw him. I was almost eager to see him every day. I could listen to him for hours on end and never be bored of his voice. There was even a time where i saw him, shirtless, and i flipped the fuck out. Neither me or him understood why, since we saw eachother shirtless all the time when we were kids, but we just brushed it off as nothing. What the hell is this feeling..?

As i snapped back to reality, a quick reply slipped out of my mouth before i could even think it over.

- Oh shut up. The only thing tough here is your dick when you see Luela.
Luela was the snobby whore of our class. Rumors have been spreading that David likes her, and that she likes him back. I didn't really enjoy that rumor, altho still trying to believe that these were some stupid lies, but when the story that they hooked up got around to me, I was more than ready to throw hands.

- So uh.. i heard you hooked up with Luela the other day. - i asked, almost interrogating like.
The harsh tone was obviously visible, since he followed up my question with a shoked yet annoyed manner.
- Fuck, who shoved a stick up your ass this morning?
- No one. Just wonderring.
The changing room was silent, my back was turned on him, keeping my head down. As expected he said something back..but i would have never expected that it would be a witty, almost flirty like comment.
- Ohhh~ I see what's going on there big guy~ You're jelaous.
I choked on my own saliva for a second.
- WHAT?! - I said, way louder than i should have, turning to face him.
- You're jelaous. - he replied with a seducing grin on his face.
- WHY WOULD I BE JELAOUS OF YOU?!
- You're not. - he said firmly. I was about to ask what he ment but the answer came out before the question - you're jelaous of her.

[Writers note] hey so uh this was a story i wrote about two guys from my class and i wrote this as a meme at first 💀 but i'm kinda into it ngl so imma make this a whole ass story 😩 also sorry for any spelling mistakes you may find [word count 1289]