1st Life (Room 19)

Dear Lily,

I just wanna write about "Because this is my first life" series I had finished watching months ago. It reminded me suddenly of this very relatable drama and how realistic it felt. 

I had that burning desire to share the life lessons to someone or to anyone after watching some series. Unfortunately, I had no one which I think will be interested in this kind of drama (lol) but I have this open diary now so... first I want to share some quotes from the series and then discuss my takeaways and thoughts.

"Going through this life is the first time for all of us anyways".  I had like this perspective before and this quote from the series just hit me thinking that all the failures, struggles I've encountered and even the mistakes I've committed were okay "because this life is the first time for me anyways". It's a reminder that "it's okay to fall down, be lost and cry".  It serves like a justification, a reasonable idea that justifies everything you've gone through. 

Added from the series is this quote "I just know nothing about the world",  indeed true. 

"Everyone's trying really hard , but no one knows whether they're getting closer to achieve what they want or not."  This quote is so relatable, like in reality, I try really hard to excel in my career but along the way I am again lost and know nothing. These days I feel like there's this path that is expected for me to take but I don't know if it is really I want. When I was 20 years old, I remember I was lost after my graduation and today at 25 I am still lost.  I sometimes ask if I have enough patience and strength to gradually find the right path for myself.  In the end, I just say "go with the flow and keep going", but until when? 

Room 19. "Everyone has a room 19 in their life, no matter how close they are with others, they don't want others to find out about that room. No matter how comfortable they feel around others, they can't invite those people in that room".  This speaks volume about  your own space and the difficulty of letting someone in or break the walls you've created to protect yourself from the possible pains this world could give. 

"Painful experiences are just memories now." A great reminder to keep moving forward. You can never forget the painful experiences but you have to remind yourself not to dwell on the painful feelings it caused. Good or bad experiences from the past are all memories now. You can breathe and smile about it. 

"...moments that sparkle..." It is important to remember those moments that bring lightness even a small thing in your life. When you gather all those lights inside your jar or pocket, you can use it later in life. Like when you feel empty and sad, you can pick one or two and it saves you, gives you hope and strength.

"This life, this moment, you only get one chance".  Everyday is a unique chance to prove that you deserve this life. Every moment of your life is so varied that it will never happen twice or even feel the same way again.  No matter how ordinary your life is, like you do the same routine-work to home, the experiences are never the same. 

"Relationships cost you something whether its money, time or emotions".  Very true, although my only experience is family and friends relationship, I strongly agree to this quote. Relationships, no matter what kind, is a lot of work and it costs you all you have. You compromise and make sacrifices to maintain peaceful relationships. I've witnessed it firsthand from my parents and siblings. That's why sometimes I really think that I am not fit into relationships because I don't have enough patience to compromise things and sacrifice freedom. At this age, I value very much my freedom and living alone this life for the first time is teaching me many things. And I don't think anytime soon this perspective will change but I'll cherish this moment of my life. 

Like how I cherish this moment of writing something like this for the first time in my life. 

I will always remember this series. Always. 

Love, Lily