Chapter Eleven. Public Displays of Affection

"So this one is a little more light hearted. This is when Rumlow and Strike team Delta corner Nat and Steve at the mall."

Steve and Nat quickly look at each other before sinking down in their seats with heated cheeks. Wanda, who had moved from Nat's lap to the floor between her parents, looks up at them in confusion before turning to the screen, figuring she would figure out why they were acting weird.

*clip starts*

Steve and Natasha are walking through a mall.

Natasha Romanoff: First rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk. 

"True! One of the first things you learn in red room. Never run, shows weakness." Yelena announces.

Steve Rogers: If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off.

Everyone has a little laugh at that, they had been shown some pretty sad stuff today and they are hoping this clip is a LOT happier than some of the previous ones.

Scene changes to an Apple store where Natasha and Steve are using a computer.

Natasha Romanoff: The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are. 

Steve Rogers: How much time do we have? 

Natasha Romanoff: Uh...about nine minutes from... Now.

Natasha says as she puts the drive into the Mac. The scene cuts to view multiple Shield trucks exiting towards the mall, before it cuts back to Steve and Natasha

Natasha: Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands. 

Steve Rogers: Can you override it? 

Natasha Romanoff: The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me. Slightly.

Clint snorts and Wanda outright laughs. Yelena turns to Natasha with a raised eyebrow.

"You part of Mensa and they smarter?" Yelena questions Natasha. Unaware that she had spilled one of Nat's best kept secrets.

Tony and Bruce, both part of the prestigious club whip their head up incredulously.

"WHAT?"

"How did we not know you were a certified genius?" Bruce calmly, well in comparison to Tony, questions Nat.

Natasha just shrugs. "In the Red Room stuff like that painted a target on your back for the other girls. I surely would've been killed before I met Yelena if I had broadcasted that information."

Everyone is shocked. Didn't Nat meet Yelena when she was still a child, like not even in double digits yet?

Rumlow and his team pull up outside the mall and head inside. Steve and Natasha continue to try and find out what's on the flash drive.

Natasha: I'm gonna try running a tracer. This is a program that SHIELD developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from.

Apple Employee named Aaron: Can I help you guys with anything? 

Natasha Romanoff: Oh, no. My fiance was just helping me with some honeymoon destinations. 

Steve and Nat both turn bright red. Yelena is cackling, asking if she is invited to the wedding and even Wanda joins in on the teasing, asking if she could be a bridesmaid.