Chapter Twelve. He's Adopted.

"Okay this one is pretty sad. Loki, I am sorry. Please don't stab me."

"I'm sure I would if you were in front of me but you're literally just a voice 03." Loki rolls his eyes.

"Oh. I forgot. Anyway, on with the clip."

*clip starts*

Loki: The Casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim that day, was it?

"Huh. Wait. Huh?" Clint so elegantly put. Loki just shakes his head and says he will explain after if the clip doesn't clear it up.

Odin: No. In the aftermath of the battle I went into the temple and I found a baby. Small for a Giant's offspring, abandoned, suffering, left to die. Laufey's son.

Loki: Laufey's son?

Odin: Yes.

Loki: Why? You were knee-deep in Jotun blood. Why would you take me?

Natasha's blood is boiling, same with Yelena. They know what it is like to be taken to be used as pawns in something bigger than they are, with no regard for themselves.

Thor is in shock as to how his previously perfect family turned into this, though he thinks, maybe they were always this, it was just a very well kept secret, even from themselves.

Odin: You were an innocent child.

Loki: No. You took me for a purpose. What was it?... TELL ME!

Odin: I thought we could unite our kingdoms one day. Bring about an alliance, bring about permanent peace... through you.

Loki: What?

Odin: But those plans no longer matter.

Loki: So I am no more than another stolen relic, locked up here until you might have use of me?

Odin: Why do you twist my words?

"He isn't. Both facts can be true. It is simply a matter of perspective" Tony for once chimes in with the philosophical outlook.

"Or maybe it's just Loki." And he ruined it.

Loki: You could have told me what I was from the beginning! Why didn't you?

Odin: You're my son... I wanted only to protect you from the truth...

Loki: What, because I... I... I am the monster parents tell their children about at night?

Natasha and Bruce both gasp. They know what it is like to feel like a monster. They cannot imagine being in Loki's position. Everyone adored them, well almost everyone, and they still thought of themselves as a monster.

Odin: No! No!

Loki: You know, it all makes sense now, why you favored Thor all these years, because no matter how much you claim to love me, you could never have a Frost Giant sitting on the throne of Asgard!

Nebula speaks for the first time since she arrived. She does not understand the little nuances of Terra and has not been able to comment on anything past asking for clarification from Gamora. She speaks to Loki though, "No father should ever play favorites, but you should be thankful your father never gave you enhancements." Everyone looks at her worried but she just stares straight ahead waiting for the clip to restart.

Odin collapses and Loki kneels down to be with him.

Loki: Guards! Guards, please help!

Everyone is silent. They had previously thought of Loki as Thor's little brother, mad man that attempted to take over New York for his own selfish reasons. It turns out that he is just as complex and damaged as the rest of them.