Chapter 1

I'm a senior in high school now how can I still not talk to her? It's not that difficult all I have to do is go up to her and make small talk, except every time I try I always blush and walk away. Ugh, she probably thinks I hate her. At lunch, I watch the messy way she eats or how she always smiles brightly when she sees her friends. I wish that smile was directed towards me even once, I don't think she remembers me though.

Scorpia figured out I had a crush on her in freshman year when she finally caught all my staring. Entrapta knows too because Scorpia can't keep her big mouth shut. Although for how much time she spends building robots, Entrapta has incredible observation skills and already knew I had a crush on Adora when Scorpia told her.

Catra's POV *Ring Ring*
I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. Sometimes I wish I could break that thing. I hit it as hard as I could to stop it from beeping. I looked up at it from my bed. Unfortunately, it still works, not even a dent in it. Maybe they make those things tough to break for people like me who try to bash it in with their fists.

At least I got up on time. I've been showing up late to class since freshman year. That did not make Ms. Weaver happy, to say the least. I suppose I have to get up. I walked over to my closet, grabbed a maroon hoodie and some tight jeans, and put them on. For breakfast, I had toast with Nutella on it.

I know cats aren't supposed to have Nutella but I only have it every once in a while, plus it tastes delicious. My parents are always at work this early in the morning so I have to take the bus every day. I made my tuna sandwich, grabbed my backpack, and headed out the door. Actually being on time to the bus for once, it wasn't that hard to get on.

Usually, I have to run if I want to make it but now I could just walk normally. On the bus, I pulled out my headphones and listened to music while I waited for the bus to arrive at my high school. My first class is Science. It's not my favorite subject but my friends and Adora are there.

When I arrived at Science class my teacher, Hordak announced that we would be doing a project that required two people to complete. I didn't look forward to it. I don't like meeting new people and group projects aren't my thing unless it's with Scorpia and Entrapta. I hope I get partnered with one of them.

Hordak pulled up a projection of our partners. I started reading down the list
Entrapta-Bow
Scorpia- Perfuma
Catra- Adora
Etc.
Wait... ADORA!? Adora seemed to notice she was with me too because she made eye contact with me and was about to get up from her chair to come over to me when Hordak started speaking. For this partner project, you will choose an Element of the Periodic Table to study. After you have studied you will build a model and write an essay on what you've learned. Your projects will not be presented to anyone but me. Any questions?

Good. You may now meet your partner to work on your project Hordak said before sitting back down at his desk. Adora got up and walked right toward me! Time to panic! Hi, Catra right? You fell on me in freshman year. Y-You, remember that? Yeah, it hurt. Sorry, I said. It's ok. I mean it was years ago. So what element do you want to do? I think we should do gold like your hair.

What did you say? It just occurred to me what I actually said. Uh, I said I think we should do gold. She blinked twice but didn't say anything. Sounds good she eventually said. We both opened up our computers and started researching gold. It wasn't as awkward anymore it was more comfortable. Except for my hand was twitching to hold hers cause she was so close to me.

We haven't been this close since freshman year. My palms and forehead started sweating and I felt like I could throw up. Are you Ok? Adora asked. Yeah, I'm fine, fine perfectly fine. Adora seemed to take the hint that she didn't want to be interrogated anymore. She gave me one last soft worried look before shrugging and getting back to work.

I felt something brush my hand. My pinky had reached out and touched her hand, Traitor! Adora didn't look away from her work but I would've sworn I saw a light blush on her cheeks. I was about to say sorry but then she would think I did it on purpose. I'll just act like I didn't notice it happened.

I looked behind me to see how Scorpia and her new partner Perfuma were doing but she was just smirking at me. Perfuma got really close to Scorpia's face to get her attention so I just smirked back and wiggled my eyebrows. At first, she gave me a confused look then suddenly she realized what I was hinting at and turned as red as her claws. I laughed softly. Adora turned to me when she heard my giggle.

She lightly tapped my shoulder and I froze up turning pink. She touched me on purpose! Earth to Catra she said. It took me a few seconds to get full control of my body back. I turned around using my long brown hair to cover up most of my blush. What? I asked. You just seemed a bit out of it are you sure your ok. I was about to say something like I'm fine when the bell rang, it was time for my next class.

As Adora was packing up she told me I should come over to her place to work on the project. She gave me her address and left for her next class. I stared off into the distance for a few seconds before saying I'm going to ADORA'S HOUSE WAHOOO! Then I realized there were still some people in the classroom. Sorry, I said.

A/N: Hey, it's me with the second chapter I hope it's still good. I will not be updating for a while because I will be on a trip all week starting Tuesday. I don't ship Bow and Entrapta I meant to put her with Hordak but... He's the teacher. Also, there will be multiple Catradora moments but they won't get together for a long time because I'm a slow burn person mwahaha 😈. Sorry, that was a long note. See you in the next chapter