Chapter 4

I'm back with another chapter! I've been trying to update often. This chapter is going to be completely Adora's POV. I'm not even gonna ask if y'all are interested in that, I'm doin it anyway! If you like the story please make sure to comment and vote!

Adora's POV!:

Catra always acts so weirdly around me. I've seen how she acts with other people and It's definitely not how she acts around me. Maybe she doesn't like me, I worried. No, she likes me I assured myself.  I snuck a glance at her from across the lunchroom as I walked in.

She was staring at me. What do I do?! I stood there for a few seconds not knowing how to react but then finally I decided to smile and wave. The smile she gave me in return was odd, was it fake? Did she really dislike me? I don't know for sure but when I knew she couldn't see me I frowned and chose a table.

Glimmer and Bow should be here shortly. They were caught playing games on their computer in Octavia's class, I shivered just thinking about it. On second thought they might be there for a while. My stomach growled, I probably shouldn't wait for them to start my lunch.

I looked like one of those nerdy introverts sitting at a table all by myself. Well, I'm not that far off from a nerdy introvert. I may be able to get along with people but on the inside, I'm practically a closeted dork. I never realized how few friends I truly had until they were gone.

I opened my lunchbox and looked inside. Ooooh! I forgot I packed a yellow cupcake with chocolate icing. I'm addicted to sweets, it's a serious problem. One time Angella made peanut butter cookies. They were gone in a day. If I'm left unattended in the mornings while packing my lunch I'll pack only sugary items, except for Applesauce. It's pretty much my go-to snack.

I took one small bite of the cupcake, my eyes lit up at the taste. I gobbled the rest up quickly. I was out of my cupcake within the minute. Good thing I still had my applesauce. I had two kinds the one you drink and the one you scrape out of a tub with a spoon.

They too, like the cupcake, were gone within a moment's notice. It was almost 1:00 by now where are they! As if on cue Glimmer and Bow walked into the lunchroom looking absolutely petrified. "Sooo how'd it go" I teased. They turned to me and tried to give me a weak death glare but it didn't really work, they were too scared to focus.

"I was joking!" I exclaimed. When they didn't respond immediately I began to worry. "Guys?Guys?! Are you ok?" What is up with everyone lately? First Catra starts zoning out and now Glimmer and Bow too? At least I know for sure why Glimmer and Bow won't respond to me.

I was starting to get slightly agitated. Why won't anyone listen to me! I said, slightly louder than I should've. "Sorry, Adora" Glimmer spoke up. "What even happened back there?" "It was absolutely terrible" "yeah, horrible" Bow finished.

"What happened?!" the suspense was building. "She..." glimmer spoke, "deleted all the games on our computers" Glimmer and Bow both said in unison. A smile crept up onto my face and I had to stifle my laughter. "You guys realize you have the same games on your phones right?." Their eyes widened as they realized they hadn't deleted all of their data.

I couldn't hold it back anymore, my body fall limb as I fell into my chair and started laughing uncontrollably. Glimmer and Bow once again glared down at me. This just made me laugh harder. It continued on like that for a good 30 seconds. Finally, I snorted and my laughter slowly died out.

"Very funny, Adora" Bow added sarcastically. " Sorry, sorry, sorry," I said quickly, still trying to recover from all the laughing. "What took you guys so long?" Sitting alone made me feel like a dork, plus Catra keeps staring at me" I looked behind my back, she seemed to be currently distracted by a conversation with her friends.

I turned to face Bow and Glimmer once again. "I'm starting to think she doesn't like me" I whispered although Catra was on the other side of the room. Glimmer looked at me then Catra then me then Catra over and over until eventually she made up her mind and shrugged. Bow seemed to be the only one who actually cared about my situation since he's the only one who gave me a proper response. "I'm sure that's not true" he assured me.

I  turned around to look at Catra."I'm not sure about that." "You have her over to work on the project tomorrow, right? Why don't you just ask her then?"It's not that easy" I paused. "Have you ever thought someone didn't like you?". "Uhhhhhh" Bow pondered for a second, "No not really." Of course, you haven't because you're "Bow."

"I'm sure Glimmer has tons of experience with people disliking her" I pointed out. " I would fight you on that but it's not untrue." Glimmer said. I smiled "Do you have any advice for me then?" "Who, me? I don't really care when people don't like me." (Groan) "This is hopeless"

"The impression I got when she was over for dinner was that she might have a bit of a thing for you" Glimmer sang. " CATRA?! No! Besides she's probably straight." " Nervousness is a sign if puppy love not hate." Think whatever you want Glimmer." "Adora dear, you are absolutely utterly oblivious"

Sorry for the wait. I didn't find the time to work on the story but hey, at least it's not two months again, right? Hopefully putting in Adora's POV made up for it. Happy late Halloween! Vote and Comment!