Jamie

Date: June 24, 2067

Time: 1:14 am

Subject: Jamie

----Ezekial----

I stood by the buffet of expensive food and scooped a tiny think of caviar onto my paper plate. I had to try it. I had never tried caviar before. Of course it was frozen preserved food and then unthawed, but caviar is caviar. I took a tiny bite and it sort of tasted like salmon sushi and crackers mixed together. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t good. I looked over and sawGriffinwith his arm aroundChandlerand rolled my eyes. Couldn’t I get one girl without him throwing himself at them? He had no self respect obviously. And to think I put all that work into trying to make him feel better the past few days. He was a waste of time. I turned back around and glanced around at the people to waste some time. There was no way I was going back over to them.

I took one last glance at the wrong moment. There lips were locked in a long kiss. I turned around and gagged. It wasn’t like I actually liked her a lot or even a little really, but she was cute and nice and maybe I could have gotten to know her more to have a relationship.Griffinruins everything. I squeezed an orange slice in my palm as it busted and the juice ran through the slits between my fingers. I hadn’t even noticed a pretty girl walk up onto stage with a box guitar. She looked up and I knew who it was instantly. The girl from the window!

“Thanks for anyone who’s actually watching me play instead of making out or flirting with girls. This song is called Tangled and it’s about how I’ve felt since I got here.” She said smiling. Her guitar speed was fast and flawless. I could easily tell it kept the audience alive. Even ever changingGriffin. It was country, but he seemed interested. He liked a few country songs; just not much.

“Some people say I’m a mystery.

I keep to myself. I have about seventy books I keep all on one long shelf.

I write songs and don’t stay out long. I’m trying to get somewhere. Anywhere.

I don’t know what I’ll become, some say I’m a little to young. But I know, I know I’ve got it. I’ve got it!

Don’t want to get tangled in this mess of a world.

I’m just a girl in a dress with a guitar and a few extra words, I got a few extra things, but I don’t need no rings…

I just need to find myself a place to get untangled… unknotted… set free. Hear me talk, hear me whisper, but listen to me sing…

I got brown hair and green eyes. I think I shine pretty bright for an apocalyptic world to ride.

I like to write and I like to sleep. I like to ride in a topless Jeep. I’m trying to get somewhere…Anywhere.

Don’t know where I’m going. Don’t know where I want to be. I just know that this life is for me… Yeah!

Don’t want to get tangled in this mess of a world.

I’m just a girl in a dress with a guitar and a few extra words, I got a few extra things, but I don’t need no rings…

I just need to find myself a place to get untangled… unknotted… set free. Hear me talk, hear me whisper, but listen to me sing…” She sang beautifully and harmonic. I loved it. She smiled and then put her hand on her guitar strings. “Thank you!” She said loud enough for people to here and then bounded off stage. I sawGriffin over where Elijah, Aiden, Akemi, and Jedidiah were. I assumedGriffin and Elijah made up. I would go over and greet them, but I had a girl to catch and I was pissed off atGriffin.

I sprinted to the end of the stage where I knew she’d be coming off. My feet’s clambering across the black marble floor was absorbed by the booming bass music of 3oh!3. They were pretty old, but they were good. Elijah loved this band. I pushed past a tall ginger girl and a tall tan guy with a beard. He was probably a senior in high school. “Sorry…” I murmured. Lights that were strung across the bottom of the stage caught around my foot for a moment and I kicked them off; momentarily bumping into the other buffet table on this side of the room. I placed my hands out clumsily to make sure nothing fell, and then scrambled away down to the end of the stage. I made it just as she was walking down the steps. She wisped her long thick brown hair over her right shoulder and her tan floral sundress bounced as she took each step. Her head tilted up as she noticed me and I had on my stupid toothy smile.

She smiled at me then smirked. “You found me. What are you, stalking me now?” She asked teasingly. I laughed awkwardly feeling suddenly self-conscious. I flattened my red Aeropostale polo.

“Y-you were great out there.” I told her pointing to the stage smiling. She tilted her head to the side a bit and her hair lifted a bit up from her stomach as she did.

“You think so? You were probably one of the few who actually paid attention to me.” She said with a small laugh. I stuck my hands in my pockets.

“I think you grabbed the audience pretty well.” I complimented tilting my head a bit.

“Well thank you. You should really go into performing yourself.” She told me. My cheeks flushed. We could discuss matters like this together. Elijah and I always loved are deep dream filled conversations. I missed them, now I could have them again with someone else who shared the same passion as me.

“Actually I do perform. I’ve been in many contests and played at a few bars.” I told her fixing my posture as I did. She smiled wider.

“Really? We should perform together sometime. A duet or something.” She suggested pointing to me with her index finger. I noticed from a closer up view she had dimples and light freckles on her face. Her skin was a classic ivory and her eyes were makeup free. I liked it.

“I would love that. Would we write one, or perform one of your songs already made?” I asked curious now.

“Write one of course. Stop by my apartment tomorrow at noon. We can perform it at the Down Under bar Wednesday. Is that cool?” She asked.

“So it’s Saturday now… Yeah!” I agreed more excited then I planned to come off as. Her smile never faded.

“Alright see you tomorrow. Oh it’s number one seventeen; third floor.” She told me as she turned around and her hair flew onto her back. It swished as she walked and then she exited out the back door. I sighed a long sigh then stood on the tip of my toes before I turned around to walk over to Akemi.