It's time

Date: June 30, 2067

Time: 3:46 pm

Subject: It’s time

----Elijah----

Time was running out like everything was stuck on the fast forward button of a gigantic all controlling remote. It seemed like I had just woken up even though I woke up at eleven. I stayed up pretty late last night testing out this new chainsaw katana mash up that I just adored. It was bad ass! My mind ventured off into the shadows again and my stomach dropped. This may have been a short term gift. I threw those thoughts out of my mind and focused on being optimistic for the rest of the time.

Last night was crazy. I jumped into so many windows saying random shit to people or some of the people I told them things I had never told anyone before; just to get things off my chest in case I do… you know. I ate so much food. Like seriously I should have had a heart attack from all the calories I digested.  Oh my God, I never had so much dessert in my life, and that says a lot because my favorite food is chocolate! I was insane last night! I might die I had to do some crazy shit! I played pranks on people all over town, like lighting my own poop on fire and throwing it in someone’s apartment window! It really sucked for them, because since all the buildings were concaved beneath the surface there wasn’t a lot of air filtering. I went condom dropping; which is wear you open a pack of condoms and drop them inside random places. I was a little disappointed I never got to meet Scarlett’s older brother’s Indian friend though, because that was something I always wanted to do. That kid was one ugly mother fucker.

Anyways; now that it was morning and I placed the letter I had written on the center of my coffee table in the penthouse. If I was going out, I was going out in style. I purchased brand new clothes last night and I looked hot. I had a loose grey grunge colored tank top on that had an imprinted black outlined skull on it that stood in front of a cute grayish black abstract labeling design. Towards the bottom of the shirt it faded into a lime like or olivish green color which then faded into black at the end of the shirt. I had on a pair of high waisted black shorts with silver studded crosses on the back pockets. Over my shoulders I wore a black leather short sleeved jacked with silver blunt spikes on the seams that attached the shoulders onto the jacket.  My combat boots were tied tight and my hair was long and wavy like always but it seemed to be streaming confidence today as it draped over my shoulders. I had actually put a bump in the back of it for even more volume. My nails were painted blood red and I looked ravishing if I did say so myself.

I clunked out of my penthouse and then wondered why I had pressed the elevator. I transported myself to Mariah’s penthouse. She had a right to know what was going on.

Mariah was watching a holographic programming of the old horror movie Identity. It was so old that it didn’t even have hover cars in it, and those were cheap. The olden days must have sucked before 4-D and holographic tech, and all that good mumbo jumbo.

“Holy crap Elijah!” Mariah exclaimed taken aback on her sofa from my sudden appearance. Nigel just turned around slowly and smiled with a shy wave. I waved back with a huge grin forgetting about my upcoming events for a second with the hearty greeting. Then I turned back to Mariah and remembered why I came.

“You know how the city has been under lockdown?” I began not looking her in her dark blue eyes. She had on her high school graduation tee shirt and a pair of basketball shorts with her hair up. It was a lazy day for her I could tell.

“Yeah…” She replied confused. I could tell Nigel was watching from the barstool he was sitting on. He had on his white Aeropostale hoodie and camo hat with some regular jeans on.

“It’s because my friends and I have made a proposition of saving the world, or at least helping it, and were about to start phase one. I may or may not die too. Most likely may. Scarlett’s the one who shut everything down obviously, and I just thought you had the right to know since we’re family.” I told her seriously. She just stared at me for a long time and so did Nigel.